thirteen: fight in the courtyard

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

JAXON ROWLE WAS a player in his own right. He's gotten with a majority of the girls at Hogwarts, every time never caring enough to see them the next morning. He enjoyed the chase, even though most of the time he never had to actually fight to get a girl into bed. He was incredibly good looking and knew all the right words to make a girl swoon. His flirty charm was practically apart of his personality.

While he did tend to sleep around, he wasn't actually a dick. He made sure the girl gave him consent before actively doing anything, and if she was too drunk to give one in her right mind, he most likely was too. He always put their pleasure before his, never letting one of them go unfinished. In fact, they always came undone first. It was apart of his signature per se.

He wasn't one to not care for other people's feelings, he just rather have one night stands over real relationships. He assumed that was based off of his past experiences and perceptions on the concept of love, though. Preference was just the excuse he gave out to anyone who asked.

The sixth year took a drag of his cigarette, releasing a puff of smoke into the air carelessly. He was standing in one of the deserted corners of the dungeons, having the decent curtesy to do his business outside rather than stink up the common room. He actually hated the people who did that. He lifted his head in surprise as he heard the soft sound of footsteps approaching his direction.

Lyra Black slowly came into view, her lips parting upon seeing the figure who had been hidden away. Jaxon observed her carefully, a slow smirk rising to his face. He hadn't spoken to her since their little rendezvou from over the summer. "Fancy what you see, Black?" he questioned, leaning back against the wall. Her cheeks slightly burned in embarrassment, before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you" she apologized, shaking her head. "I just smelt the smoke and thought something was wrong" He raised an eyebrow. "You shouldn't wander the darkest parts of the dungeons alone" She bit her bottom lip, the action bringing forgotten memories back into the Rowle boy's mind. "You did that a lot"

Lyra frowned. "What?" He sighed, throwing his cigarette onto the ground before stepping on it. "Bite your lip" he clarified. "You did that a lot when we had sex" The young witch's eyes widened at his bluntness, mouth falling agape. "You did that too" he chuckled.

Heat began to creep up her neck as she coughed into her elbow. "I didn't think you remembered" She cleared her throat, nervously fidgeting with the end of her tie. She had honestly never felt so embarrassed before. Although she was aware it had happened and how it made her feel, she couldn't completely remember the exact way it had gone down. She could recall enough, though.

"I wasn't that drunk" he laughed, kicking himself off the wall. He comfortably rested his hands in his pockets, before beckoning her with his head to follow him. She silently complied, wrapping her arms around her small frame out of self consciousness. "Tell me, what has Lyra Black been up to this school year?" he questioned, looking over at her. She shrugged, pursing her lips. "Not much"

He hummed, nodding his head lightly. "So, you're not shagging, Potter?" he smirked. She gasped at his question, definitely not expecting to hear those words come out of his mouth. "Another thing to add to my growing list of things you did a lot" he mused, a boyish grin on his face. "Shut up" she grumbled, playfully nudging his arm. "And no, I am not shagging, Potter"

The boy nodded, not believing a word she had said. "Right" he chuckled. Lyra didn't expect him to be so kind to her, if that was the right word. There had always been rumors floating around about how he was careless and didn't have a heart. Too cold for his own good. "Why'd you even think that?" she asked, genuinely confused.