ten: chocolate

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

THE MARAUDERS AND Lyra were gathered at the Gryffindor table, Sirius' hands over Remus' eyes to keep him from seeing what was going on in front of him. Peter was next to them while James sat across with Lyra firmly secured on his lap. The young girl was biting her lip in anticipation.

After the pair's escapades in The Three Broomsticks, Lyra had dragged the Potter boy to Honeydukes, completing the task she had originally gone there to fulfill. She had bought so many items, James had to carry most of it seeing as he was the stronger one of the two.

"Ready for your surprise?" Sirius questioned. Lyra would have asked him herself, but her presence was actually unknown to the werewolf in front of her. She figured that he would've guessed right away what they were hiding from him if he knew. "I've been ready this entire time, Pads. Just let me eat my dinner" he sighed.

'Pads?' Lyra mouthed to James, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. She definitely hadn't heard that one before. He quickly shot her a smile, shaking his head. She frowned, but reluctantly turned back to face forward. Sirius finally removed his hands, Remus's eyes almost doubling in size at the sight before him. A mountain of chocolates and sweets were piled high on the table, almost reaching the bottom of his chin.

Remus froze for a second, unsure if he was processing everything correctly. His gaze slowly lifted to Lyra, the boy immediately shooting up and reaching over the table, a couple of sweets toppling over as he pulled her in for a hug. James had to hold onto her waist to make sure she didn't completely fall over. "You didn't have to" he breathed, pulling away.

"Of course I did, silly" she laughed, leaning back into James's chest. "I think I ate all of your chocolate anyways. You were in need of some more" The werewolf sighed, admiring the sweets as if they were his children. It may have seemed like a small gesture for her, but to Remus it meant the world. He honestly didn't think she cared enough to actually go out and buy all of it.

"How much did this cost?" he questioned. Sirius leaned in to pick up a chocolate frog, but Lyra quickly slapped his hand away. "Not for you" she scolded. "And don't worry about it, Rem" The boy frowned, feeling bad that she had spent so much money on him. By the looks of it, it must have costed her a fortune. "But-" She was quick to cut him off. "Nope" she said, popping the 'p'. "Just enjoy it. No questions" she smiled, pushing the pile towards him. He pursed his lips, nodding his head not wanting to argue with the girl. "Thank you, really"

Lyra was right. The smile on his face was so worth it. James leaned up to kiss her on the cheek, causing the girl to giggle. "How come I didn't get any chocolate?" he pouted, jutting out his bottom lip. She rolled her eyes, scoffing as she moved to get off of him. His frown deepened. "Because I didn't eat your chocolate, did I?"

"Where are you going?" he mumbled, his tone soft. Lyra chuckled at the sight, he looked like a lost puppy. "You do know I'm not a Gryffindor, right?" she questioned, beginning to walk away backwards. "Just come back and sit on me" he whined, extending his arms like a baby who wanted to be carried. "Bye, Jamesie" she smiled, sending him a wave. The boy sighed, the same frown still etched onto his face. "Bye, Cassie"

She winked before turning around, walking back to her own table. "Looks like Prongs caught himself a bad case of the love bug" Peter teased, munching on one of Remus's new chocolates. James stuck his tongue out at him, not caring that he looked like a child. "I do not" he replied, folding his arms across his chest. The three Marauders looked at each other before bursting out into laughter.

"He's pro-probably going to try and convince us that he doesn't do everything she says" Remus struggled to joke, attempting to catch his breath. "O-Or that he doesn't even fancy her" Sirius wheezed, clutching his stomach. James rolled his eyes at his friends, shaking his head. "You lot are unbelievable" he grumbled.