seventy four: her return

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA MOVED SO that she could be closer to Freya, taking her hand within her own. No words needed to be spoken of the night before. There was already a mutual understanding between the two. Every time the Johnson witch has tried to apologize, the blonde would simply shush her and tell her that there was no need.

"Tell me about my baby" Lyra whispered, squeezing the girl's hand. She was ready to hear whatever it is she had to say. Freya pursed her lips, but nodded nonetheless. She knew that the right thing to do was to tell her. "He'll be incredibly powerful" she started off. "His magic from yours and now combined with the Potter bloodline, will allow him to even surpass you" Lyra bit her lip at her words. If she struggled to control her magic, she couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it would be for her son.

"When Regulus used Klaus' blood to heal you, a part of that also healed your baby. He was already dying, however, and the blood wasn't enough to heal him the same as you" Lyra nodded along slowly, showing that she understood. "His blood entered your child's system at the exact moment he passed"

Freya let out a small sigh. This next part was going to be the hardest to explain. And even though she saw it in a vision, she couldn't be 100% sure any of it would come true. "And because your magic was able to nurture your baby essentially back to life, he will be born with Klaus' blood still in him" Lyra frowned, blinking. "My child will be born a vampire?" she asked almost comically, but there was a slight twinge of fear in her voice.

"He'll be born a hybrid witch like yourself, but with vampire blood in him" Freya reiterated. "So if he dies, he'll be given the option of turning" Lyra didn't even know how to react. Her child could possibly become a vampire one day. He could be like the Mikaelsons. Her lips parted because she wanted to say something, but nothing came out because she just didn't know what to say.

Freya nodded her head, assuring her that this was a normal reaction to have. She didn't expect her to be jumping for joy at something like this. "The reason my vision was so dark was — I'm sure Nik has already told you that when a witch becomes a vampire, they lose their magic" Lyra nodded her head, confirming her assumption. "There are a few special cases, though-" Freya continued. "witches who aren't born with any magic of their own. Your son could be a second exception"

Lyra licked her lips out of both nervousness and anticipation. "I couldn't see pass the moment of his possible turning. I could only feel the power" Freya explained. "That either means he'll be able to be both, and will become a tribrid of sorts, or..." The older witch's voice trailed off as her gaze fell to her lap. Lyra furrowed her eyebrows. "Or?" she attempted, wanting to hear the second bit.

"Or the power I felt was merely his magic releasing back into the earth after his passing" she finished. Lyra's mouth formed the shape of an 'O' as she tried to absorb everything that was just shared with her. It was just so much. One second, she had lost her baby, and the next he's actually alive and well on his way to becoming a tribrid, which she couldn't even begin to process. "So, my son is going to be a powerful wizard who'll heal because of the vampire blood in him?"

Freya's eyes widened for a moment, not even realizing that that would be an attribute of his. "I guess so, yes" she murmured, still a bit surprised. Lyra smiled at the thought of a young boy that looked like James. When she broke up with him, one of the reasons why was because she knew she'd never be able to give him the children he wanted. But now, she's already in the process of having one. One that would be capable of almost anything in the world, gifted with powers that would be able to protect him.

"You're going to be a lovely mother, Ly" Freya whispered, squeezing her hand. A comforting warmth spread throughout Lyra's chest, the girl thinking about the future that she could possibly have. One that she longed for. "You guys can come in now" she chuckled, looking towards the door where she knew everyone else stood outside waiting. It was impossible to share a secret in this house.