seventy one: walburga

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

AS SOON AS the 'twins' made it back to 12 Grimmauld, Walburga and Orion were quick to debrief them on what was meant to happen in the next few hours. "He's asking for all of you" the older woman spoke. Lyra showed no reaction to her words. She couldn't find it in herself to be bothered. In fact, she wanted to see him. She wanted to beat him at his own game. Her way.

"When?" Regulus asked, gulping. He instinctively moved over to grab onto Lyra's hand out of comfort. "A few minutes" Orion answered. "He'll be speaking with you about your duty as Hogwarts students" His attention then fell onto the witch hybrid. "And also your marriage to Evan now that you've fully agreed"

Lyra scoffed. "Like I had a choice" She noticed that the two adults in front of her didn't act as hostile to her anymore. Not like they used to, at least. Perhaps it was because she now knew the truth. They no longer had to bear the weight of acting like her parents, so the resentment they held for her was slowly fading. But until the entire world knew of her lineage, everyone would still believe she was a Black. Which meant that they still needed to make sure that she upheld their reputation.

"Don't hold that tone, little girl" he spat. Lyra narrowed her eyes at him. Right now was not the time to mess with her. "Don't tell me what to do" she returned with the same ferocious voice. Her eyes flashed purple. Orion smirked at the sight. "I see you've finally settled into your powers. About time"

Walburga merely hummed in agreement as she placed her hand on her son's shoulder. Orion followed her actions as he grabbed onto Lyra. She only resisted slightly.

"It's time"

✰ ✰ ✰

Lyra and Regulus walked down the dark hallway, hundreds of emotions running through the both of their heads. Orion and Walburga trailed behind them at the same pace. Just like last time that they were all there, Bellatrix was standing at the door. The young witch had to swallow the fear that she felt in her gut. She hadn't seen her cousin since the accident, and she wasn't sure how to act around her. She was pissed, no doubt, but she was still a child and she couldn't help but be afraid.

She almost died that day. At the hands of her own family, nonetheless. She's always known Bellatrix to be sinister and cruel, but nothing as far as the lengths that were reached that night within Malfoy Manor. She still hasn't fully recovered, or decided how to deal with the situation.

She lost a baby. A child. One that Bellatrix well knew about. And that was the part that she still can't make sense of. She didn't even know of it, yet her deranged cousin did. How could that be? From a mere letter that stated that she felt sick? No matter the details, Lyra knew it was her fault. Like it always was. She's already come to accept it.

Bellatrix remained silent as she opened the door for the four of them. Lyra didn't miss the little smirk that was sent her way, though. It made her equally angry as it did scared and sad. She would make her pay. Maybe not now, but in due time. When she was ready. She was going to make them all pay.

It was almost like deja vu. The same exact people were sitting in the same exact places. "How kind of you to join us" Voldemort stated, voice as cold as ice. Lyra felt the anger within her rise at his words. How could he just stand there and act as if they didn't share the same blood? As if she wasn't his daughter? It didn't make any sense, and it made her sick to her stomach.

The four sat at the table quietly, Lyra shooting a glance towards Mason. He was already looking at her, making sure that she was alright after being alone with her 'parents'. She did her best to give him a small smile, not wanting the action to be noticed by anyone else in the room.