fifty one: blood sharing

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA BIT HER bottom lip harshly as pain began to form in her arm, sending waves of shock throughout her body. Regulus trudged into the room only a moment later, hand gripping tightly onto his forearm as well. "What in the bloody hell was that?" he exasperated, his breathing heavy.

"I think the dark magic he used it-" the girl paused for a minute, shaking her head as she tried to figure out what had just happened. "The dark magic created a link between you and whoever used it on your arm" a new voice interrupted, making their presence known. Kol smiled, using his vampiric speed to flop onto the bed.

"How do you know that?" Lyra questioned, rubbing at the mark tenderly. The pain was subsiding but still evident. "You'd be surprised by how much I know about witches and magic. Dark magic just so happens to be my favorite" he shrugged, almost as if it were nothing. "My best bet is that whoever put that on your arm, is trying to find you"

Lyra and Regulus shot cautious looks at each other. The last thing that they needed was for the Dark Lord to come here, to Mystic Falls. "What do we do about it?" The boy questioned, looking at Kol thoughtfully. He trusted the vampire to a certain extent, and believed he would tell them anything he knew. "I'm not sure if there's anything you can do" He sat up, leaning back on his palms. "See, allowing him to put this mark on you willingly established a sort of trust. The magic rooted itself into you"

"So we're screwed" Lyra concluded. "He practically owns us" Kol thought about it for a second, speeding out of the room but returning under just as soon as he left, a blood bag in his hand. The Black girl scrunched her nose up at the sight. She was still getting used to the whole vampires need blood to survive thing. "You're just officially apart of his following now. I mean, from what Regulus has told me, he's just a power hungry animal who wants to practically wipe out non-magical beings" He happily sipped on his blood bag. "Much like Niklaus, really"

Lyra scoffed, pulling the sleeve of her shirt back down. "Your brother is nothing like that man" Kol raised an eyebrow, tossing the blood bag aside. "You've known him for 64 hours" She only looked at him, not sure how to respond. Why was she so quick to defend him. He literally tried to kill her two days ago. "I just know" she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest defensively.

"Right" the vampire dragged out, chuckling lightly to himself. Her heartbeat picked up, he could hear it. She was nervous. Regulus looked between the two with furrowed eyebrows. "Well-" he began.

"this is awkward"

✰ ✰ ✰

Lyra stood in between Stefan and Klaus, the trio walking through Mystic Falls because the hybrid had promised the young witch to allow her around town. Regulus stayed back with Freya. He wanted to learn more about her magic so that he would be able to help Lyra in the future, especially when they separate from the Mikaelsons.

Lyra excitedly looked around at the muggles, instinctively holding onto Klaus's arm as she practically dragged him down the sidewalk. Stefan simply walked at their side, hands in his pockets. "Hey, I'll be right back" the Salvatore stated, cause the other two to stop their conversation. He stalked off, Lyra frowning as she watched him leave.

"Ah, that's his brother" Klaus pointed out, nodding in the direction of the tall black haired man in the leather jacket. She raised an eyebrow in response. "I can already tell that they're opposites" she laughed, raising her hand to her mouth to stifle the sound. The Mikaelson looked down at her, a small smile pulling at his lips. He quickly shook his head to snap out of it.

"I really like this place" Lyra gushed, admiring all of the different attractions. The bell tower had to be one of her favorites. Klaus chuckled in response. "I have a feeling you like everything" he exaggerated, giving her a 'you know I'm right' look.