sixty four: first bloodshed

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

JAMES WOKE UP in a better mood than normal. It's been a few days since the time with Lyra in the Dungeons, which he'll admit was fairly reckless on his part, but nevertheless incredibly worth it. He slid around his dorm in his socks, humming a happy little tune. He was completely immersed in his own world until a pillow whacked him in the back of the head.

"Some of us don't want to be up at six in the morning, Prongs" Sirius grumbled, eyes still closed out of exhaustion. Remus was next to throw his pillow, this time at his boyfriend. "Leave him alone, he's happy dancing" Peter flung his pillow at the Black boy next. "Yeah, Padfoot. He's happy dancing"

Sirius was now sitting up, narrowing his eyes at his friends. "This is my room too-" The boy was cut off by a pillow slamming straight into his face, James doing his best to conceal his chuckles as he held up his hands to prove his so-called innocence. This time, Sirius just fell back onto his bed, pulling his blanket over his head. It was too early to deal with any of this.

"I was talking with Lyra the other night" James began. Even though both Remus and Peter were tired, they continued to listen to him, sitting up in their beds to give him their full attention. "Just about our future and things like that-" A loud snore from Sirius cut the boy off. James ignored him. "She said she would marry me"

Sirius' eyes shot open, the Gryffindor practically jumping out of his bed. "What?!" he shrieked, staring at his best friend in shock. "She said she would marry me" James repeated, slower. "Like actually marry?" Peter questioned, scratching the top of his head. "Mhm" the Potter hummed, a giddy smile crossing his face.

"Like stand at the alter and get officiated with vows and rings type of marry?" Remus asked, a little surprised as well. "Yeah..." James trailed off, now sensing that his friends weren't as excited as he was.

"You're 17 and she's 16!" Sirius exclaimed, now on his feet and pacing across the floor. James frowned. "Well we would wait until she's graduated. I was just happy that she even wanted to"

Remus got up, Peter following him as they went to pat the boy on his back. "As long as we're your groomsmen, Prongs, we'll be there" the werewolf joked, causing James to playfully elbow him in the side. "Can I choose the food?" the Pettigrew inquired, already beginning to plan out the menu in his head.

James laughed at his friend, nodding his head. "We wouldn't have asked anyone but you, Wormy" The three boys settled down, turning to look at the last of their group who was now standing still, a blank expression on his face.

After what seemed like another three minutes of silence, Sirius finally sighed. "I give you my blessing" He started to sniffle a bit, grabbing a tissue from off his night stand and wiping at his eyes. "Oh Merlin, they're all grown up" he cried, falling to his knees. James walked over to him and bent down, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you, Pads. For trusting me with your sister"

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get all sappy on me now" Sirius dismissed, throwing his tissue to the side. "Says the man crying on the floor" James countered, raising an eyebrow. The Black rolled his eyes, defensively crossing his arms over his chest. "Says the man crying on the floor" he mimicked, bringing his voice up. James only smiled at his best friend's antics, grabbing onto his shoulder. Sirius merely sighed, shaking his head.

"At least you'll be my brother"

✰ ✰ ✰

Lyra couldn't contain her laughter as James continued to cover her eyes, the boy leading her to a supposed secret date. "Stop trying to pry my hands off you little gremlin baby" he whined, continuing to drag her forward. "You did not just call me a gremlin baby" she gasped, hitting his arm rather harshly.