fifty seven: decided

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA SAT ACROSS from Dumbledore, twiddling her thumbs nervously. She had been summoned a few moments earlier and was a little scared to see why.

"Thank you for the room, by the way" she murmured, absolutely hating the silence. "Has it come to any use for you?" the headmaster questioned, folding his hands together and laying them on top of his lap. Her eyebrows furrowed. "I mean, without my roommates it's easier to practice my magic. I can also create spells without having to hide underneath my blanket in the middle of the night, which is nice, I suppose" she rambled, quickly.

"I'm glad" he hummed. His eyes were trained on the silver chain dangling around her neck. "Your necklace intrigues me. I can sense the magic that lingers around it" Lyra gulped at his words. "Did it belong to your mother?" the older of the two voiced. Now that caught the girl off guard.

Lyra obviously knows that Dumbledore knew about her mother. He's the one that confirmed her suspicions that Walburga and Orion weren't her real parents. She just wasn't ready to have this conversation with him yet. She trusted Dumbledore. She always has. And she's afraid about what he might know that she doesn't.

"Yes" she answered, quietly. "I'm glad that you have it. As I said before, your raw magic quite exceeds the rest of the students. It will keep you and all of them safe" His assurance allowed her to release a breath. "However-" Dumbledore took off his glasses, placing them down on his desk. "I am a bit concerned as to how you acquired it. Your mother wasn't known to be friends with very safe people"

Of course he knew about vampires. Why wouldn't he? At this point, Lyra was sure that Dumbledore knew everything that could possibly be known. "They were very kind" she defended, crossing her arms over her chest. He smiled at how protective she got. "Very well" he mused. "I would just like to make sure that you feel comfortable. Please feel free to speak with me about any concerns"

Lyra licked her lips. Now she felt like he knew something that she really didn't want him to know. "Do you have anything you'd like to share?" he pressed, his voice still calm. She hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. But she knew that she needed to talk with the rest of her friends before doing something like exposing their secret. "No" she replied, shaking her head. Dumbledore nodded, almost as if he knew that that was what she was going to say.

"You'll do great things in your life, Ms. Black. Always remember that"

✰ ✰ ✰

Lily Evans laughed with Marlene McKinnon as the pair walked into their common room. Classes had just finished for the week. Neither were surprised to find the four Marauders goofing off in the center by the fireplace, chasing each other around.

"Girls!" Sirius shouted, throwing his hands up in the air. He had a big smile on his face. "Boy." They replied in unison, faux bored expressions on their faces. The Black gasped. "I am not a boy" He puffed out his chest. "I'm a man"

The girls and the other three Marauders all fell silent for a good seven seconds before bursting out into laughter. "I legitimately need new friends" Sirius muttered, rolling his eyes as he plopped down onto the couch. James chuckled, ruffling up his hair causing the boy to swat his hand away.

"You are too funny, mate" the Potter teased. "And I am bloody bored" Peter announced, groaning as he dramatically collapsed to the ground. Everyone stared at him in bewilderment. He doesn't normally speak out or over exaggerate. "Sorry, lots of candy earlier" he flushed, mainly because Marlene was staring at him with lovey dovey eyes.

"Right" Sirius drawled out. "Anyways, it's Friday and you know what that means" he said, suggestively. "Woah" James immediately cut in, holding his hand up. "None of us need to know what you and Rem do on Fridays" He scrunched up his nose, shaking his head.