thirty two: exposed

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA PULLED OUT her journal, flipping to a brand new page. Ella settled into the seat next to her, sighing as she brought the glass of champagne up to her lips. How she got the champagne you might ask? Well, one of the elves in the kitchen happens to favor the elder girl, often sneaking her alcoholic beverages when she can.

"Alright, I say we make a plan" Lyra started, pulling out a quill. She dipped the tip into the ink, holding it up to her page. "You do realize graduation is in like four months, right?" Ella questioned, raising an eyebrow. "And as soon as you step off of that train you have to disappear without a trace"

Her words caused the Macmillan to frown. She knew that she was right. She just hadn't really thought of it like that before. "It's better to make the plan sooner than later" Lyra hummed, titling the page 'Plan A'. Ella bit the inside of her cheek. "Yeah, I guess you're right" she murmured, setting her glass down on the bedside table.

If she were being honest, she hadn't thought much of her supposed leaving since finalizing her decision. Merlin, she didn't even know where to start. Actually running away from their life is a lot easier said than done. What would she do out in the muggle world? Would she even be in the muggle world? Would she have to live in the outskirts of Sutton, hidden away and disguised so that no one would recognize her?

"Have you thought about where you want to go? Maybe what you want to do?" Lyra asked, glancing up at her. The older witch shook her head. "No, not really" she admitted, pursing her lips. "It's okay" the Black comforted, sending her a small smile. "I have some ideas, actually"

Lyra began jotting down notes. "I figured apparition would be the quickest way to get out of the train station, of course. I can speak with your parents at the platform as a distraction as well" she mumbled, writing all of what she just said down. "You'll have your schools bags with you. I suggest leaving everything you don't need here in the dorms. You can apparate to the Leaky Cauldron and check in, book a room for just one night"

Ella stared at her best friend in amazement. She couldn't believe that she had thought all of this out. "Then, banking on the hope that my parents leave me still functional after their 'discipline', I can make my way over to your house, sneak in or pretend I'm also super worried about your disappearance, and get the rest of your things from your room" She dipped her quill back into the ink. "Regulus could cover for me and I'll probably turn your bags invisible or something like that"

Lyra paused for a moment, furrowing her eyebrows as she thought about the rest of the plan. "I'll tell my parents I'm at Narcissa's the next morning, but I'll actually just meet you at the Leaky Cauldron. You can apparate us to either Alfriston or Dungeness. Both are very small towns near London. None of the pureblood families live in either or even close to them. I heard they're mainly filled with muggles"

Ella blinked, lips parting in shock at the amount of research she had done. When did she even have the time to do this? "I suggest taking out a good amount of money from Gringotts. I'm friends with one of the goblins. Her name's Dobass. She'll be able to switch your currency and will also allow you to take from your family stash without telling them"

She turned the page, running out of space on the first one. "But I wouldn't take too much. Your parents are rather observant. So, take what you need and I'll provide the rest to help you settle in to a little flat or cottage of some sort. I'm sure there are some well paid jobs around there as well" Lyra hummed.

Before she could go on any further, Ella stopped her. "How — how do you know all of this, Ly?" she asked, tilting her head in confusion. The younger girl's face immediately flushed in embarrassment. She licked her lips, closing her journal softly. "Oh, uh — I just thought it would be a good idea after you told me" she shrugged, folding her hands across her lap.