eighty nine: cursed

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

LYRA AND FREYA returned to the living room, the rest of the Mikaelsons and her friends sitting on the couches and chairs engaged in a conversation. She settled down in between Regulus and Mason, the Burke making sure that she was comfortable.

"You alright?" Mason asked softly, his arm resting on the part of the couch that was behind her head. He played with the ends of her hair gently. She hummed at his words. "You're sure?" he tried again, the girl looking over at him, giving him her best smile. Mason has known Lyra practically since she was born. He knew that she was lying. It was obvious.

"Okay" he murmured, continuing to stroke her hair. Whatever the problem was, he knew she wasn't going to want to share, especially with so many other people in the room.

"Honorary sister, we've missed you so much" Rebekah gushed from her seat. Lyra smiled at her. She admired how even though she's had probably the toughest life in existence, along with the rest of her siblings, she always carried such a positive attitude. "I've missed you guys as well"

"How's my nephew?" Kol asked, clasping his hands together. She laughed at how he referred to her child. It really did warm her heart that even though she's only been with this family for maybe a collective of one and a half weeks out of her whole life, they treated her as if she's been there all along. "Growing" she chuckled, resting her hand against her bump.

She couldn't believe that in three months she would be a mother... hopefully. She had wanted to speak to Freya about the chances of her surviving the birth, but she figured they had already handled enough dark topics for the day.

Lyra could feel Klaus' eyes on her. Even though he was towards her right and she was still looking over at Kol, his gaze was unmistakably piercing into her. She wasn't trying to ignore him. She just feared that if he asked any questions, she wouldn't be strong enough to lie to him.

"Where's Stefan?" the young witch spoke up, looking around. He was the closest person she knew to her mother. She wanted to talk to him about what her pregnancy was like. "Always in trouble regarding that brother and girl of his" Rebekah tutted.

"She's jealous" Kol whispered, grinning. The blonde gasped at his accusation. "Am not!" she quickly denied. "I just don't bloody understand what's so interesting about her that has two brothers swooning at her feet. Lyra, I can understand"

The Johnson almost choked on nothing. Regulus just slid back in his seat, awkwardly looking in between the two girls. Jaxon did the same, but he had to hold in his laugh. Mason, on the other hand, had a slight rosy tint to his cheeks. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "What?" Rebekah asked, oblivious. "I'm merely saying that it makes sense that multiple people are in love with Ly. She's great"

Maybe it was a bad idea to bring Mason and Jaxon along with them. It seemed like awkward tension was going to be a common thing they were going to have to face.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Rebekah whined, pouting. Elijah subtly rolled his eyes, a sigh escaping past his lips. "Perhaps we should get dinner? You must be hungry after your trip" he suggested, standing up. He figured the conversation needed to be diverted anyways.

"Famished" Lyra agreed with him, shooting out of her seat and linking arms with the Mikaelson. She began to walk towards the front door. "Thank you" she breathed, squeezing his arm. He chuckled at her words. "Rebekah meant no harm. She just misses the Salvatore" He held the door open for her, the pair walking through as they heard everyone else beginning to follow after them.

"I love her to death, but that was painfully awkward" Lyra sighed. Elijah hummed in agreement. "Is there a reason why you're avoiding Niklaus?" he asked. He did his best to keep his voice soft, just in case the hybrid was listening in. She shook her head. "I'm not avoiding him. I just feel weird, I guess?"