sixty five: disputes and tears

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

REGULUS QUICKLY LAID his 'twin' down on the bed, Madam Pomfrey running to her cabinets to grab some herbs and ingredients to accommodate her finest healing spells. "Lyra please stay with me" the boy trembled, almost unable to see her due to the tears blurring his vision. The hybrid couldn't exactly hear what he was saying. It was like her senses kept flashing on and off. She felt her body shutting down... but the magic within her fighting to keep her alive.

"Two large wounds located on her lower abdomen. Appears to be from some sort of knife" Madam Pomfrey murmured, placing her hands above the gashes and whispering a spell. Her eyebrows furrowed once she realized that almost nothing had happened. She tried it once more. "The damage must be more severe than I thought"

Dumbledore moved to Lyra's side and raised his wand. He repeated the same spell with only little more result than the nurse. He tilted his head in confusion. Something was wrong. "The weapon was infused with dark magic" he concluded, letting his hand hover over the wound. He could feel it. It was rather strong.

"W-What do we do?" Regulus stumbled, trying to take matters into his own hands by applying pressure to the cuts. Lyra let out a little groan of discomfort, her vision slowly dissipating. "We are simply going to have to fix her the muggle way if our magic won't work" Dumbledore confirmed, shooing Madam Pomfrey off to grab the hidden kit of supplies.

"What about a different kind of magic?" The question escaped past Regulus' lips before he could even register his own words. The two adults in the room looked up at him questioningly. "A-Aparate me to my room" the boy demanded, not bothering to explain.

Dumbledore frowned, but grabbed onto his shoulder nonetheless. Within a second, they were gone. Poppy ignored their disappearance, needing to focus on the dying girl in front of her. She gathered more herbs and quickly created a paste, applying it straight onto the wound and whispering a quick spell. A faint glow appeared and the woman gasped, stumbling back lightly.

With haste, the nurse immediately began to gather her supplies, slipping a healing antidote down the young girls throat, Lyra struggling to actually gulp it down. The older woman started to rush, sensing that there wasn't much time left. She was aware of her situation.

"The damage is by far too much" she whispered, opening the kit she had grabbed earlier and pulling out the needle. Dumbledore had required the woman to learn muggle treatments before hiring her just in case there ever came a time where magic simply wouldn't cut it. She originally thought he was crazy. She supposed that she was wrong.

Just as she was heating up the tip of the needle with her hand, the headmaster returned with Regulus right next to him. "Poppy please take care of the problem outside. Mr. Black and I can handle it from here" She frowned at his words. What problem? Before she could actually ask the man, harsh and rapid knocks could be heard banging against the doors. The woman's eyes widened as she rushed off, leaving the two boys alone.

"I was not aware you were in possession of such blood" Dumbledore observed, folding his hands behind his back. Regulus didn't respond, however, too focused on getting the red liquid into his 'twin's' mouth. At this point, Lyra was already unconscious. As soon as the last drop slid down her throat, the skin which had been broken through by the blade slowly started to pull itself together. It was working.

Regulus released a breath once the wound was visibly gone, gently placing the now empty vial on the side. "It was given to me as a precaution" He finally began explaining to the older man. "I-I forgot I had it. I suppose I was too stressed at the moment" Dumbledore simply nodded his head. This only confirmed his suspicions that the pair had been involved with vampires. Dangerous creatures.