Hit em' Where it Hurts

Year 850 

"Commander, he's about to climb," Levi walks up. 

I look back and down into Shiganshina to see Reiner, with his glowing eyes looking up at us. As he exhaled, he hardened his fingertips, creating claws, the same for his toes. 

*THUD* *THUD*

"Soldiers!!" Commander Erwin calls out at Reiner rammed into the wall with his claw-like foot. 

"You are not yet to engage with the Armored Titan! Maintain a safe distance!" Erwin orders as Reiner slowly but surely climb the wall. 

"Yes, sir!" We all scream out. 

"Hange, why doesn't he have us all attack? What's he thinking?!" Eren asks as we have our eyes glued to Reiner. 

"The enemy prepare quite the welcome. He's watching their movements for now. Erwin doesn't want to act until he understands their strategy," Hange says as we scan the area. 

'That quadruped type has some kind of cargo on its back...If Reiner has already been spotted and Bertholdt wasn't with him...That means Bertholdt must be in one of those barrels or boxes. Not to mention, the cargo on its back indicates that it didn't just transform...'

 "They have one more intelligent Titan," Erwin speaks out. 

"I assume you're eyeing that quadruped," I step in as Erwin looks down and nods. 

"There might be more as well," Erwin looks back up as Armin taps my shoulder. 

"Do you notice that cargo it's carrying? What do you think it could be?" Armin asks. 

"I've thought about it too. My theory is-" As I was explaining my theory to Armin, the Beast Titan raises its arm, catching our eyes. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"

*BOOM*

As the Beast let out his deep roar he smashed the ground beneath him leaving all of us in question. 

*THUMP* *THUMP*

I jump a bit as the moment of silence was quickly taken by the smaller Titans running towards the wall. 

"Get ready! Multiple two-three meters approaching!" Hange warns I glare at the Beast Titan who has its eyes locked on me. 

'Chilling...This is like the Utgaurd castle situation. They'll start by taking out the horses, their main objective is to still capture Eren. I'm out of the question because I'm assuming the Beasty bitch already knows I'm going off with them. But, towards the end, they intend to eliminate our only chance to escape...If they do wipe out our horses, we'll have no means of getting back. Not only would this block our escape route, but it would also cut off our supply line. It might take these guys a week or month, but there will be a point at which none of us can move. They'll forgo the risks on a proper battle and opt instead to take Eren once he's too weak to resist...Funny how those bigger Titans on the line still haven't moved. This makes me believe that their only purpose is to prevent us from leaving.'

*CRUNCH*

The sound of Reiner's claws digging into the wall broke me from focus. 

"Sir! What now? The Armored Titan is almost up! Bertholdt hasn't shown up yet, but he's nearby!" Armin says frantically as people started to become a little uneasy. 

"Yes, I'm aware," Erwin says as he continues to think. 

Deep into his thoughts, he finally perks his head up, "You ready to say something, Erwin?" Levi asks.