A Three Year Reunion

Year 854 

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask Reiner who's tugging on my collar. 

"Do you think Falco's friend wants to see a "tea" bruise?" Reiner asks as I sigh. 

"You're not gonna let it go are you?" I ask as Reiner chuckles deeply. 

"Just down here!" Falco shouts as I move past Reiner. 

As Falco skips down the steps, Reiner and I look down to see a round-topped wooden door. Reiner and I slowly make our way down the steps and look down at Falco who has a smile on his face. 

*CREAK*

Falco opens the door for both Reiner and me. We both look down to see another set of tiny stairs. 

"Hey. It's been four years, Reiner," A man says as I run into Reiner's stiff back. 

I move beside Reiner and look up at his face. Reiner had shock and fear written all over his face, even his pupils were shaking. 

"Has my "fiance" missed me these past three?" The man added as my eyes widen. 

I slowly look to my right to see a man who had brown long hair, a visible right green eye, an eye patch covering his left eye, an amputated leg, and a scruffy beard. 

"Um, huh? Aren't you all supposed to be old friends? And why did he call you his fiance? I thought you and-" Falco begins to say as I slap his face shut with my hand. 

"Isn't that right, Mr. Kruger?" Falco manages to say through my hand. 

"Yeah, there's much to catch up on... I don't even know where to start," Eren says as Reiner and I stood completely still. 

"Why don't you guys take a seat? I mean, they're good seats, right? You can hear everything up on the stage...The buildings above us are all housing...It's behind the stage, but it's full of people waiting for the curtains to rise," Eren says as Reiner gasps lightly, realizing how many people were in his way. 

"Directly above us," He says as he points up. 

"Um, Mr. Kruger? Did you hurt your hand?" Falco asks as I look in his palm. 

"Yeah...It's just a scratch...Hey, didn't I tell you two to take a seat?" Eren asks as Reiner and I look at each other and quickly sit down in the chairs directly placed in front of Eren. 

"Well...I think I'll be heading back," Falco says with slight worry in his voice as he faces me. 

"No, Falco. You should stay here and listen," Eren says as Falco looks at him. 

"Huh?" Falco hums as I hold my arms out to him. 

"Falco, just do as he asks, okay? You can even sit in my lap if that'll make you more comfortable,"  I say as Falco looks at me and slowly walks into my arms. 

"Okay," He says as he sits on my legs. 

"It'll be fine. Try to put on a tough face though, you're too easy to read and it's worrying me," I whisper to him as I ruffled his hair lightly. 

The noise of the crowd above us rang inside the tiny storage room as it stood silent between all four of us. 

"Eren? How...Why did you come here?" Reiner breaks the silence. 

"The same reason why you two did," Eren says as Reiner grabs his hair and stumps forward in his chair, shaking. 

"Don't you guys get it? The same reason you two did...Because I had no other choice," Eren says as I rub Reiner's back in hopes of calming him down.