A Friend

Year 851 

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"(Y/n)?!! (Y/n)!! Are you still sleeping? Can I come in?!" I shout knocking on (y/n)'s door. 

*SHUFFLE*

"What the hell are you doing?" A deep scary voice asks behind me. 

I turn around and look down at Captain Levi who is peering around the corner with a teacup in his hand. 

"Oh, Captain. Perfect. I had a question," I say as he slowly walks towards me with a plain look.

"Tch. Whatever," He says as he takes a sip of his tea. 

"Have you seen, (y/n)? It's lunchtime and I got concerned because she didn't come to-" Levi stops me from my sentence. 

"No...And I don't think you're going to find her," He says walking away as my shoulders slump forward. 

'What? Is she playing hide n' seek or something...Maybe she's avoiding me because I...Uh...'

*CHOMP*

I turn around quickly to the sound of someone eating, "What the hell?! Where'd you get that meat from?!" I ask as she walks in the hall. 

"(Y/n) gave it to me, isn't that nice?!" She says drooling all over it. 

"Hey! Speaking of...Have you seen her at all?" I ask as Sasha looks down. 

"No...Did she give you anything last night...She seemed a little...Weird? No...A little sadder?" She says in a confused tone, scratching the back of her head. 

"Mhm...That's why I wanted to find her. Plus, we have stables again and I don't feel like cleaning horse shit for the tenth time," I say as Sasha pulls me down the hall. 

"Probably just doesn't feel good, that's all. She'll probably come for lunch, she hasn't eaten. I couldn't imagine her not being hungry," Sasha says as I huff. 

----------------------------------------------

As Sasha breaks down the doors to the Mess Hall, I look around every corner before getting my food, only to bump into Eren. 

"Hey! Watch it!" I shout as Eren doesn't move a bit. 

'What the hell is wrong with him?'

As I got my serving of soup and bread, I sit down at the low wooden table. I look around at everyone as they just sat in silence and ate slowly. 

'Even Connie?!'

"Okay, what the hell is with everyone today?! Yesterday we went from happy and rainbows to fucking shit! And does anyone wanna tell me where the hell (y/n) is?!" I shout as everyone looks at me with tensed bodies. 

"Do you not understand..." Armin says with a low, shallow voice. 

"Huh?" I say as Armin looks up at me with little tears in his eyes. 

"Did you open your letter?!" Eren asks with a clenched jaw. 

"No, I-" I begin to say as Eren grabs my collar and pulls up across the table. 

"Don't ask any more questions about her till you read it then!" Eren shouts in my face as he lets go. 

----------------------------------------------

*SLAM*

As I run up the stairs and make a turn to my room, I slam the door open and run to my desk. I flip the letter around and eye every bit of it.