Dry-eyed

Year 850

"Trainees!! Get fully equipped and stand by in squad formation until further orders." A Garrison shouted. 

"And so that's how we managed to get our hands on the gas." Connie had told the whole story to Christa and Ymir. 

"Oh my gosh," Christa says.

"I'm sorry I kept volunteering to help with supplying everyone," Christa says. 

"After everything we went through to secure that gas... Weren't you the one who jumped done and said you were going to tell everyone?" Ymir asks Connie. 

"So everyone who isn't here right now is..." Christa didn't finish her sentence but instead just looked down. 

"Yea..." Connie says looking down as well. 

"Are you sure about that? Even Mikasa?" Christa shoots her head up at Ymir. 

"No, she made it. I thought she got back with (y/n) and the others..." He looks over to the group of us.

"Jean...Don't tell me that Mikasa was injured!" Christa says with her worried voice. 

"I can't say anything...We were forced to swear an oath of secrecy." Jean grabs the water from my hands and drinks it. 

"What the hell! A girl is thirsty!" I say reaching for it. 

"Although, I don't know how well that is going to be effective." He holds the water away from me. 

"Wait, you guys were ordered not to tell?" Connie asks. 

"What the hell?" Ymir makes a nasty look. 

"It's not the kind of thing you can really cover-up... I guarantee you the whole human race will know eventually." I say as Reiner hands me his water. 

"That is if the human race still exists by then..." I smack Jean upside the head. 

"You really love to walk around with a rain cloud above you hm?" I say drinking the water.

"You gotta problem with that?" Jean says. 

"I-" I get cut off by the sound of yelling coming across from us. 

"Marco!! I'm done! I can't!" Daz was heard yelling and was seen grabbing his hair. 

"My whole squad! I saw them getting eaten! I couldn't even feel anything! I was just grateful it wasn't me! But the next time I counter one, it'll be my turn!" Daz says rocking back and forth. 

"I've figured it out! Our purpose! In short, we keep fighting until the titans devour us! If I'm going to be eaten alive, I'd rather just die here!!!" I put my head down. 

"I'm too tired for this," I say as Marco gets in Daz's ear.

"Get ahold of yourself Daz!! You aren't the only one who has faced those things! Everyone here has seen someone getting eaten! We are struggling together! For god sake! Look at Sasha." Sasha perks her head up. 

"AGGGGH! U-Um...My stomach is killing me! Can you put me on the injured list?" She slumps over. 

"That's it!!" Daz reaches for his blade. 

"No!!" Marco grabs Daz's hand. 

*BOOM*

"What the hell was that?!" We all shoot up and look a few houses down. 

"Cannon fire?!" Reiner asks. 

"Just one shot?" I ask 

"That sound was from inside the wall!" Jean points to the trailing smoke.