The Retake

Year 850

"ATTTTEEEENNNTION!!!"  We all shift our attention to the top of the wall where Mikasa, Armin, Eren, and Commander Pyxis. 

"I will now explain our strategy to recapture Trost District!" I look around as people stare at Pyxis. 

"The goal of this operation will be to plug the hole in the broken gate!" I see Marco mumbling to himself. 

"We have to seal the hole, but first I want to introduce you to Eren Yeager of the Training Corps!" Everyone seemed to be shocked by the news. 

As Eren was saluting he looks down and we make eye-contact and he mouthed words to me. From that distance, it was quite hard to read but I made out words. 

'You shocked?' Then he proceeded to wink. 

I tilt my head to the side and mouthed back. 

'Maybe...' I wink back and smile

"We've been conducting top-secret experiments on titan transformation, and this soldier is our first success!" He smiled back and looked back up. 

'Conducting this without me?! Oh, they're going to be hearing an ear full from me'

"He is able to purify the body of a titan and control it at will." Marco scootches closer to me slowly. 

"Hey...What do you think about all of this?" Marco whispers. 

"I think it is a bit funny," I say smiling. 

"Hm?" Marco lifts an eyebrow. 

"Eren was the kid who always hated titans and always dreamed of humanity winning...And now he has the capability to turn..." Marco makes light of what I just said. 

"I'm glad we both made it this far, (y/n). I feel like we have bonded a lot and I am so glad a met you, not to mention, you can really put Jean in his place." He warps one arm around my shoulder and side hugs me. 

"He will shift into a titan, pick up the boulder near the gate, carry it over, and use it to seal the hole!"  Pyxis continues as I smile up at Marco. 

'He is such a marshmallow.'

" Soldiers! Your job is to protect him from the other titans while he is carrying the rock!" Everyone around us started to speak amongst themselves. 

"It's a lie!" A trainee said. 

"A human weapon huh?" Another said. 

"We are not disposable blades!" Someone makes their way to the back bumping my shoulder.

"Oh hell no," I say turning around. 

I grab the man by the shoulder and twist him around and yank his collar down. 

"I'm sorry, but apparently someone hasn't taught you manners when you were younger, so let me do the honors." I sadistically smile at him before pulling his collar in past my shoulder and knee him right in between his ribs. 

"Don't ever shove a lady out of the way!" I knee him once again, harder, as he grunts. 

"And don't ever talk amongst yourself like that when you know you are probably one of the weakest among us." I go for a third hit as Marco comes up behind me a picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. 

"Hey! Put me down! I was almost done with him!" I look back to see him on the floor holding his gut. 

"Oh, yeah! By the way! If you don't want to be viewed as a disposable blade, I suggest you contribute!" I yell across the crowd.