If I Would have Listened

Year 854

*FSHHHHHHHH*

Floating in Falco's "stomach" for some time, everything finally stopped moving. I huffed and finally stood up in the hot red liquid, ready to return to the outside world. Talking to Ymir made me fear the worst. I knew there was more to come, to be more precise, bad things to come. To know that we can't save Eren. As I wandered inside, I finally came to a wall. I furrowed my brows and dug my fingertips into the tissue and flesh, ripping a hole, letting light shine through Falco's body.

Sometimes, I wonder if just maybe, I could be able to walk on the ground as I did in 845.

*ZIP* *WOOSH*

I ripped the hole larger, just enough to take one foot out. As my foot touched the floor, a pair of arms wrapped around me, lifting me off the ground. In the year 850, Eren always tried to talk to me. I never knew what it could be, but to think that maybe if I would've just sat down to talk to him, everything would've been different.

*BA-KRACK* *RUMBLE* *BOOM*

Because all Eren wanted to do, was talk. What did he want to talk about? What was going through his mind when I kept neglecting his wishes? All he wanted to do, was share his thoughts, and now, I may not ever get to talk to him again, may not ever get to know what he wanted to tell me. If only.

'If...Only I would've listened...Maybe, just maybe, this world would have aged differently...'

----------------------------------------

Year 850

~Eren's POV~

'Come on, Eren...It's not that difficult!!'

I stood and swayed back and forth in front of (y/n)'s door, in hopes of her opening up the door on her own so I didn't have to knock.

"Maybe she's sleeping- no, it's six at night, who the hell would be asleep at this time?!" I shout, pounding on my head as I hear creaks and shuffling around behind me.

"Eren?" I heard Mikasa sigh as I jump around.

"Go away-! I-," I shout with my face covered as Mikasa walks closer to me.

"Why are you talking to yourself in front of (y/n)'s door?" Mikasa asks as I blush and rub the back of my head.

"I was trying to-," I say as I heard someone else walking up to us which caused me to sweat a little.

*WOOSH*

"Hello?" (Y/n) says behind me as I stand stiff.

"Oh!!!" I shout as I wave to her as she looks around.

"You realize that I can hear you guys?" She says pointing to her room as I stand there with wide eyes.

"Y-You can?! O- I was hoping that we could've maybe talked about-," I say with a smile as she walks out and closes the door behind her.

"Have you seen Jean?" She asks as I blink at her.

"But I wanted to maybe talk-," I say as she moves past me and to Mikasa.

"Have you seen Jean?" She asks as my shoulders slump forward.

"I think he is down in Connies' room?" Mikasa says pointing down the hall as I give her a straight face.

"Sorry, Eren, maybe another day we can talk!" She says sprinting down the hall as my smile fades.

"Really? Mikasa?" I say as she stares at me.