Burning the Memories

Year 854 

*SHUFFLE* *SHUFFLE* 

As my head was kept low, I slid my feet across the wood floor of the Scout HQ. Somewhere I hadn't been in a while. The air was cold and no talking or sound to be heard in the distance, it was a sad day here. A day of mourning, for we had lost one of our closest soldiers, Sasha Blouse. It was weird not hearing her and Connie goofing off, doing something other than what they were supposed to. 

"Hm?" I hum as the sun's light hits my face through my dangling hair. 

My eyes widen as I look up into an open room. I look on the door to see a nameplate engraved. 

"Sasha...Blouses...Room," I say, running my fingers past the indents. 

I look to my left and right to see if anyone was near. But, of course, no one. I take a deep breath and step one foot past the door as I was hit with a light-hearted vibe. 

'Of course...It's Sasha's room who had the brightest energy, hm?' 

I manage to crack a smile as I look around the room. I tilt my head to a meat bone placed on her desk.  

*TEP* *TEP* 

I walk over as my smile faded. 

'Of course, she kept the bone...Why wouldn't she?'

*DRIP* *DROP* 

I look out the window to see rain clouds forming in the sky as rain slowly started to come down. I sigh and place the bone on the desk where it was. 

*SWEEP* 

"Oops..." I say as a piece of paper fluttered down from her desk. 

I bend down and grab it from the cold floor. I flip the paper over as my eyes re-widen. 

'Only if You Were Here?' 

I read off the title of the page as I quickly stand up and look back to the desk to see scattered papers all over her desk.  I sit down in her chair as I gathered all the papers up by number in a stack. 

'Dear future me, make sure (y/n) gets this. It'll fill her in for the past three years!' 

I clench my jaw and furrow my brow. 

'A story?' 

--------------------------------------

Year 851 

*FSHHHHHHH* 

I feel my eyes light up at the scene of Eren holding up a Marley boat with his Titan.  

"T-Terrifying," Sasha stutters as I grab her ponytail and ruffle her hair. 

"Keep your head down, Sasha," I say as she slouches back down behind bags. 

"Sorry, probably shouldn't be talking about your boyfriend in front of you, huh?" Sasha says as I look back out. 

"No, it's fine...I guess I'm blinded to his flaws," I say as Sasha cracks a light laugh. 

"Did you just make fun of yourself?" Sasha asks as I huff. 

*THUMP* *THUMP* 

The ground rumbles beneath us as someone kicks my back. 

"Let's go, (y/n)...You got Nicolo," A plain, deep voice speaks behind me as I sigh.  

"Yay! Go co-captain!" Sasha quietly shouts as I smile.