[17]

"Guys, here."

"Woah where'd you get these from?"

"I bought them. Moon come here."

"Hm?" I smile at him trying to put on the headset as I walk over to him and show him how to put it on. "The outfits are sorted out so after this I need you all to wait backstage."

"You've found outfits?"

"Yeah. The background art is sorted out too and I have a surprise for you on the day."

"A surprise?"

"Mhm." Moon smiles as I finish putting his headset on him and go to walk over to the sound team when he grabs my hand. "Thank you for helping us so much."

"It's fine." I smile and stroke his hand with my thumb before walking over to the sound team and sorting the song out and the background stuff whilst the others practice the dance vaguely. The background comes on and the three of them all look at it mesmerised as I'm putting on my headset. The music starts playing as I look at the blurry couple of figures in the hall and I turn to the sound team as I get in position and put my hand up for then to stop. They stop and Moon shoves the earpiece into my ear. "OwW." He chuckles and I frown. "Sorry tiny ear." I smile and thumbs up to the sound person once we're all in position. We all start singing and dancing and I can tell I sound like a whisper compared to the others so I gesture to the mic as I turn to the sound team corner and make hand motions going up so he turns up my mic and I thumbs him up when it's at a nice volume. We all go through the rest of it perfectly and the other three all pant and talk to each other as I go back over to the sound guy. "With the volume because I'm not as experienced as the others you need to put my mic higher so we can all be at the same level if that makes sense."

"Yeah it does, thanks." I smile and walk back over to the other three. "Sanbok come ere." The youngest walks over and I chuckle as I put his battery pack underneath his shirt and I his back pocket. "Oh! Thank you."

"It's okay. On the day it won't be as flimsy because I'll bring some tape but I just forgot today."

"Oohhh!"

"Archie-hyung can I..." I wiggle my fingers and he chuckles. "Yeah I really need help with my-" He viciously wiggles his fingers and I look at him unimpressed as he chuckles. "You know this bit?" I do the dance move to one of the parts and he nods. "You need to move a little bit further back because you're taller then Sanbok."

"Oh. You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure. I'll be back in a minute." I turn off my mic as I walk backstage and go over to someone that sorts out the mechanics of the stage. "Hi is there any way you could make flower petals or feathers go all over the stage like falling confetti?"

"We can but we can't supply the confetti."

"That's fine I can bring the stuff."

"Then we can do that for you."

"Cool! Thank you. Guys get up we have one more practice run!" I pull Sanbok up and he sighs as I chuckle. "Awe I'm not that bad am I?"

"I'm NoT sIgHiNg BeCaUsE oF yOu!" I chuckle and he scoffs with a smile at my cheekiness. "Let's do this then!" I smile at his shout and turn my mic back on as we get in position. We run through it one more time before another person gets on the stage and it's their turn. We all leave and they try to drag me along with them to dinner but I go to a shop instead. I pick up the outfits and message the group chat telling them I need to meet them all tomorrow just before dad starts ringing me. My heart races as my ears go hot and I angrily answer the phone. "What?!"

"Kei please let me talk-"

"No! Is mum okay?!"

"Yes she's doing better."

"Then don't ring me unless it's to tell me how mum is getting on!!"

"..."

"Okay?!"

"Okay."

"Good! Bye!"

"Kei."

"BYE!"

"Kei."

"What?!"

"Are you doing okay?"

"Oh shut up." I hang up on the sad toned man and head home in a very weird mood. I feel like I want to give up but I know I won't.

I just need to see the others.