[32]

"Mum I'm at my friends house I swear."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise." I rub the bridge of my nose as I make myself a cup of coffee and Minho puts a hand on my back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... No mum that's Minho, my friend? Do you remember me telling you about him?"

"No... You haven't told me about him."

"Well his name is Minho and he has three cats-"

"Oh that Minho! Put him on the phone I want to speak to him!"

"No mum you have to-"

"Come on sweetie!" I sigh and hand Minho the phone. "She wants to speak to you."

"Oh. Uh. Hello?" I watch his face as I make him some tea and look at him confused when I see the grin on his face getting bigger and bigger. "I will. No he's been good don't worry. I'll make sure you know if he does anything ba-" I snatch the phone back and he giggles as I chop his neck. "No MuM hE's My FrIeNd NoT a BaBySiTtEr!"

"Well you tend to go on tangents sweetheart!"

"I dO nOt Go On TaNgEnTs!!" Minho bursts into laughter and my ears go red. "I just wanted to make sure you took your tablets and had breakfast!"

"I have I have. Your father reminded me don't worry." I sigh. "I'll be home around dinner time so tell me what you want for dinner."

"Oh no don't worry about that sweetie I'll make us dinner."

"No, mum. I'm treating you to dinner tonight so just tell me what you want to eat." She sighs. "Pizza."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too." I hang up and hand Minho his tea before walking into the lounge. "You left your coffee." I flop on the couch and wheeze when a sharp pain goes up my back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... Hurry up." I pat his calf and he presses down on my lower back. I wheeze a tiny bit and smack his hand away. "Damn. Your back is fucked." I sigh and he puts his drink down before sitting on my butt and sharply pressing down on my lower back. The sharp pain shoots up my body and I cough as I hide my face in the couch cushion. He cracks my back inbetween my shoukderblades too and I whimper. "Okay stop that hurts-"

"Just one more, it'll help I promise." I squeeze my eyes shut in anticipation. "Does your neck hurt?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay now stay still-"

"No no please don't-" I sit up and he presses my back down gently. "It won't hurt as much as the others. I have to do this for Han sometimes so I'm not experimenting." I slowly lay back down. "Just count down." He smiles and counts down for me as he puts his hands on my neck before cracking my neck both ways. "ThAt OnE wAs ThE wOrSt!" He laughs and gets off of my back. "You should feel better when the stinging goes away."

"It better go away before I have to teach you all."

"Oh Kei?"

"Mm?" I sit up slowly and wipe my face. "Do you teach us like other people teach choreography or is it different?"

"Uh, it's the same but slightly different."

"What's the difference?"

"You all look blurry." He smiles and the others all walk inside the lounge ready to go.

I don't get to drink my coffee then...

I give it to Han who thanks me and then downs the whole cup of boiling hot coffee. My head goes fuzzy on the way to the company and I get a phone call from JYP just as I'm about to start the choreography. "Sorry." I answer the phone and walk outside. "Can you come to my office?"

"Uh yeah. Is something wrong?"

"No."

"Okay... I'll be right there." I hang up and poke my head inside the practice room. "Sorry I'll be back in five minutes."

"You okay?"

"Yesh I just need to go see JYP." Chan looks anxious for me as I walk out and up to the office. I knock on the door and get an answer straight away so I walk inside. "Kei. Take a seat." I sit opposite him at the desk cautiously. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No this is about something on your CV... It says here that you're legally blind?"

"Yes..."

"Please explain because from what I've seen it doesn't affect your ability to dance or perform on stage."

"I-I just can't see things clearly further away than a foot in front of me."

"Ah so you're short-sighted?"

"Yes... Very."

"It doesn't affect your abilities though?"

"No not really."

"What does not really mean?"

"Well- I just mean that I can get lost easier if I don't know where I am."

"Okay. The other thing I wanted you here for is that I have a job offer." I look at him a bit shocked.

He knows I won't take anything that's not a manager role right? So there is one? For Stray Kids?

"If I told you there was a group that was already debuted that I think you'd fit perfectly into and all you have to do is become a trainee for a couple of months to catch up to them and then we'd integrate you into the group, then how would you feel?"

"I... I mean I'd have to know the group first and meet the members before making a decision?"

"That's sensible of you. The group is Stray Kidz."