Chapter 14

It's been a week since boot camp started, I've been working a lot on different dances, and have actually started building a relationship with the other cast members. Jer and I especially try to spend more time together since we are going to have to be falling in "love" with each other for the show. Jake and I finally came up with this really cool choreo that we think would work great as phantoms! We're going to be showing it to Mr. Ortega soon; there's just a few more kinks we need to work out of it.

I quit working at the cafe because it was just too exhausting trying to maintain hours there, while working hard at the studio, but I got a job as a bartender at the same club Alon works some nights on. The owner is an idiot; I mean, he hired 2 underage kids....but like, he doesn't do anything. That's why I think he's an idiot.

I hear a knock on my trailer door, "Can I come in?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah," I reply, trying to finish drying my hair with a towel.

He comes in and just stares at me for a second. I giggle, "Can I help you Charlie?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry! I'm a little out of it today," he rubs his neck.

I don't pay much attention to his nervous behaviour, more focused on getting the frizz out of my hair. "Yeah, I can see that." I put my towel down, giving up, and turn around to face him. "What's up?"

"Ummm, the rest of us were thinking of going to the ice rink after Mr. Ortega's meeting with us, you interested?"

"Truth be told, I've never been on ice before," I smile sheepishly.

I'm met with a shocked face, "How have you never ice skated before?"

"Well, last week was my first snow too, I'm from Arizona, and we don't get anything white and cold over there," I laugh.

He just stares back at me, "wow. You're definitely coming today then, it's all settled." Charlie starts to get up, heading back to the trailer door.

"No, no Charlie, wait!" I shout. He stops and faces me. "I can't come, I've never done it before." I tell him, starting to get worried.

"That's exactly why you're coming, we'll teach you." I start to interrupt him, but he grins and says, "that's final, Aqua" and walks out.

Well, great. I, the clumsiest person in the world, am going to be put to walk on ice. I barely get around on land! I grab my phone and water, and get out of my trailer, heading into Mr. Ortega's meeting in the lounge. He said he had some special news to tell us.

On my way, I run into Owen. LITERALLY! "Again Aqua? If you want me to give you a hug, you could just ask for it, you know," he says, laughing while catching me.

I blush and say, "shut up O, you know I'm clumsy."

We start walking together, "ok, but how though? You're like the best dancer I've ever seen, yet you can't even walk properly."

"Hey!" I shout, "I'm not that bad at walking."

"You kind of are though," he replies, laughing at how grumpy I look.

I shove him, saying "whatever," right as we enter the lounge. Everyone's already there, so we go ahead and take a set on the couch.

"Alright kiddos," Mr. Ortega begins, "I have some news for you regarding next week. We are going to be in the recording studio!" Everyone around me erupts into cheers and whistles, leaving me confused.

"Wait. Recording studio as in music?" I ask.

Mr. Ortega smiles and says, "Exactly dear. And we will be having our very first song for the season recorded by...." The boys start drum rolling on their laps. "Aqua!" Everyone cheers.

No, no way. I can't do this, I'm not a singer. Owen nudges my shoulder a little, "this is the part where you get excited," he whispers in my ear. I just shake my head, getting up and leaving the room.

I haven't sung for anything real since before my family died. Music just brings up too many memories with my dad, and being in the studio with him. I can't do this, not without him. And now I'm just going to let everyone down. "Great job, Aqua! You're such a failure," the voices in my head start talking.

"Woah, hey! You're okay, just breathe." Jake comes next to me, bringing his arm over my shoulder and pushing us down so that we're sitting on the floor. "Focus on my voice, turns. Block them out, just listen to me."

He takes my hand and puts it on his chest, "feel my heartbeat?" I nod slowly, unable to talk. "Good, now focus your breathing to match mine, alright? Just follow me. Breathe in, and out." We do this a couple times until I feel better.

I lean against him, suddenly feeling extremely tired. "Are you okay?" Jake asks me.

"Hmmm," I reply, too tired to say anything.

He shifts a little to look at me with concern. "What happened?" I look down, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I miss them, Flip. I can't sing in a studio, there's no way."

"That's exactly why you should, though. Your dad would never want you to stop singing. None of them would. Recording in the studio would mean that you're still going after your dream. No, your father's dream. He always wanted to see you shine. So do it now; for him." He tells me.

"I don't know how," I reply. "He left me all alone."

"That's not true," Jake says with a small smile. "You have me." I hum, and close my eyes, feeling too tired to move. I feel arms under me, lifting me, and cuddle closer into them, drifting off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! Please don't hate me, I'm SORRY!! I've been making food for the homeless shelter near me, and that's for like, a lot of people. So I spent most of the weekend in the kitchen. I'll try and update more this week, but I can't make any promises. I hope you guys understand :(

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, it's a little on the sadder side, but it's going to help the story shift now. Please vote and comment!

Have a wonderful afternoon lovelies! Hugs and kisses.