Chapter 23

"I- I- umm," I stutter, unable to answer the question or hold any of their gazes. I look at Jake, hoping he'd help me, but he just tilts his head, mentally telling me that this is my mess.

Well there goes my help.

"Look, we're only trying to help you A," Charlie says, leaning forward.

Jer nods his head in agreement, "Yeah, but we can't do that if you don't talk to us."

I can't do this. Not right now. So I tell them that as well, seeing the disappointment and concern in their expressions, but I'm just not ready to explain everything. No one ever understands anyways.

I'm not abused. Blake's just going through some stuff right now.

He loves me.

He wouldn't hurt me.

Charlie sighs, getting up and leaving. "I'll go check on him," Jer says quietly.

Great! I made him mad.

Wonderful job, Aqua! See, this is why Blake gets mad at you too. You just get on people's nerves, so technically, it's all your fault.

I get up off the couch, my head loud with shouting, but my sudden motion makes Jake look at me, grabbing my hand.

"A, they're just worried," he murmurs softly.

"Yeah, but-"

He cuts me off, "I'm worried too, you know. It's getting worse."

I wish he would just trust me. "You really think I'd let someone just hurt me?" I expect him to oppose me, telling me that I would never let that happen, but he just stays quiet, his eyes swimming with sympathy.

And that makes me mad. I'm not some broken girl who needs help.

"Seriously?" I whisper softly, feeling betrayed.

"A-"

"No, I can't believe you! You really think I'd let someone walk all over me and hurt me," I ask brokenhearted, raising my voice slightly.

"I just think you've got a big heart. And that makes you vulnerable to people who want to take advantage of that," he tells me gently, as though he's trying to console me.

"Blake's not taking advantage of me. He loves me. I just don't get why none of you see it," I tell him, on the verge of tears. Again.

"Aqua, if you're the only one who sees it like this, and everyone else is saying otherwise, don't you think you're the one who's wrong?"

And that's why I don't believe him. Or any of them for that matter.

"You don't give up on people you love just because it's hard, Jake. And just because you all agree doesn't make you right. People like Rosa Parks and Gandhi stood up for what they believed was right, even when no one else did. Were they wrong? No. So that's just a stupid argument," I tell him, extremely frustrated that no one believes me.

Is it really that hard for them to see that Blake loves me? That someone loves me?

I pull my hand away from him, walking out of the room.

I hear him call out my name, following me, but I'm so done with all of them right now.

I walk out Charlie's front door, slamming it shut behind me, and walk through the street, trying to go back to the place where it started.

She always did know how to make him happy.

THE END!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: KIDDING!!!!

Hello lovelies! I know you probably hate me right now, but I'm sorry!!!

I finally had time to finish this chapter 'cause I have a snow day today!! So NO SCHOOL!!

Anyways, please vote and comment! Have a lovely afternoon, you guys! Hugs and kisses.