Chapter 21

Recap:

I echo the last line, switching up the chords a little. Just as I'm about to continue, I hear a loud crash behind me, making me jump up and turn around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woopsies! My bad!" Maddie says, awkwardly. "Please don't mind me, continue!"

I just stare at her for a second. She just heard me singing my heart out!

"Seriously, Aqua, you sound amazing and that song was amazing! So just pretend I'm not here," she says.

I just shake my head, anxiety starting to cloud my thoughts. How much did she hear? Did she understand the meaning? What if she knows what's going on at home? Oh My God! What if she tells someone? The kids will -

"Hey! It's okay, just breathe," a voice tells me. That's when I realize I'm having a panic attack.

And that makes me freak out even more.

I struggle to breathe, feeling my head start to get woozy. The voice continues to try and relax me, but I can't hear them properly. It's like they're talking to me while my head is underwater.

Just as I'm about to pass out, I hear someone faintly say, "What the hell is happening in here?"

I wake up on a couch. There's a guitar next to my head, and clothes thrown around everywhere.

Where am I?

I groan slightly as I sit up, holding onto the warm, fuzzy blanket that someone placed on me. My head is pounding and I can feel a light migraine that I know will only get worse.

I look around, seeing light coming from the kitchen, but the room is otherwise pretty dark. It looks like a living room.

I see the curtains closed, but can still see faint moonlight coming from the windows.

What the hell happened?

"Hey," a voice says from behind me, making me jump from fright.

I turn around after a second, "Seriously Char? You scared me!"

"Sorry," he says softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Confused. Where am I and why am I here?" I ask him.

"You don't remember?" he asks, seemingly confused. "You passed out in one of the practice rooms. Maddie said you were singing and then had a panic attack when you realized she was listening."

That's when everything starts rushing back to me. The song. Maddie heard me singing about him. Does she know?

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Charlie asks me, understanding that I remember now.

I know what he means, but I don't know how to answer his question. "What were you guys doing there anyways? I thought you were recording."

"We were. Kenny wanted Maddie to find you since she was done. He wanted to talk about song ideas, but both of you were gone for a while, so he sent me to find you. But just as I walked into the practice room, you passed out." He tells me.

"What do you mean we were gone for a while? I was literally gone for like 5 minutes. I just played around with the keys for a bit, and then sang a couple lines."

"No, you were gone for almost an hour," he tells me slowly.

Did I really lose track of that much time? It felt like I just walked in the room and started playing before Maddie made her presence known.

"Anyways, Jake's been waiting for you to wake up. I'll call him and let him know he can come over." Charlie says, once again pulling me out of my thoughts.

I really need to stop getting lost in my head. People are going to start thinking I'm crazy. Not that they don't think that already.

Once again, I'm too lost in my thoughts to notice that Charlie left the room to call Jake.

He comes back with a bowl of berries, "thought you might want something to eat."

"Thanks," I say, grabbing the bowl from him and patting the empty seat next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder once he sits down.

"Why am I so messed up?" I ask him softly.

"You're not messed up," he tells me while playing with my fingers. "You just need to trust us. I know that something's wrong, but I can't help you if you don't talk to me. Jer and O feel the same way."

This makes me look up at him, shocked.

"Remember how we ran into you and your siblings that day?" he asks. I nod, remembering what would have happened if they didn't run into us.

"Who were those men?"

"No one important," I tell him. This is always my natural response.

"Aqua, I saw how scared you were. And you were like that again, when the garage opened at your house. You got us out of the house so fast. Why?" He asks me as he grabs my hand, making me face him properly.

"I -"

The doorbell saves me from a response. He sighs and says, "I'll get it."

I hear voices from the front door. I thought it was only Jake who was coming? Who else would want to come see me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! How are you all doing?

I want to make a shout out to all of you who have been here from the beginning 'cause now we're almost at 3K!!

Thank you so much for your love and support!

Please vote and comment. Have a wonderful day lovelies! Hugs and kisses.