Chapter 5

I enter what I assume to be Mr. Ortega's office, and am welcomed with a cozy, homely workspace. The theme seems to be all things wooden, giving the space a cabin-like feel. He even has a bean bag with a plush throw in the back corner of the office!

"Welcome to my second home Aqua!" Mr. Ortega greets.

I laugh and reply, "quite the cozy space. Must be helpful for late nights at work."

"That it is," he says. "Alright, so let's get down to business. Seeing that you are a minor, I will need parent/guardian approval and signatures, but I wanted to go over some parts of the contract, as well as what will be expected of you."

"I thought I'm supposed to meet the cast before you make any decisions." I ask, still not fully understanding what 'cast' he had meant.

"We have a wonderful team, so I know there won't be any problems. And you seem to be a wonderful, and genuine young lady, kiddo. Don't stress yourself out."

"Ok" I say.

"So, first things first, the role you have auditioned for is not only a dance role, but also an acting/singing role in the Netflix series, Julie and the Phantoms. We already launched season 1, but you will be a season 2 addition." I just stare at him because Julie and the Phantoms is me and the kids' favorite show! "I know we have not gone over acting/singing yet, so that is one thing I wanted to know about you. Are you comfortable with playing a part in this type of role?" he continues.

"Ummmm, YES!" I say, startling him a little. "Sorry, Julie and the Phantoms is one of my favorite shows." I say a little sheepishly.

"I'm glad," he laughs

"And to answer your question, yes, I am comfortable acting and singing. I've been singing since I could talk. My mother used to teach me little folk songs." I say with nostalgia. "And I've been in drama at school for the past few years."

"That's just amazing! I really wasn't sure how this was going to work out." he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Skipping the contract details)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, so we will be starting boot camp next week, so I believe the rest of the cast fly in today. I'll set up a time for you to meet them and will text you the details. Bring back the signed contract tomorrow or the day after, once you speak to your parents, alright?" Mr. Ortega asks.

I feel a little guilty, should I tell him about my family life? I mean, if I'm working with him, I should be honest, right? But, then what if I lose this opportunity? Or worse-what if he judges me? Or pities me?

"Sounds good, thank you!" I say, trying to hide my internal battle.

I get up to leave his office, and pull out my phone, ready to call Alon. I find his contact, 'monkey brain' and call him to let him know that I'm leaving, and to figure out our schedules for the day. It goes straight to voicemail, but I get a text from him, letting me know that he's busy, along with a picture of his schedule.

He knows me so well!

Since I'm free for the rest of the day, I text him back saying that I can watch the kids for the night, and I'll be waiting for his shift to finish to speak with him.

I'm so caught up in my own world, planning on how to engage the kids, when I run into someone, making all my things fall for the second time today.

I start rambling, "I'm so sorry! I was on my phone, and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I swear, I didn't mean to-"

"You're totally fine, no problem at all. We all have those days, don't we?" the man with a familiar voice replies. "Here, let me help you."

I look up to see Owen Joyner, bending down to help me get my stuff. Oh. My. God. I just ran into Owen Joyner. WHat is wrong with me? First, Kenny Ortega, and now Owen Joyner? Gosh, I'm a clumsy, idiot.

"Thank you!" I tell him.

"My pleasure," he responds and walks away, leaving me in a daze.

I remember that I have to get home quickly to watch the kids before Blake, or should I say, Dad, gets back home. I run out the doors and start speed-walking back home, determined to get home as fast as I can. I can't believe it's evening already, I just spent most of my day with Kenny Ortega!

Stop thinking about that Aqua! You can gush over it when Alan gets home. For now, focus on getting home, I tell myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! What do you think? We have finally met one of the cast members!

Anyways, for those of you who want an update on my iPad, it's tragic accident has left me without it for the next few days *sniff sniff*

Well, I know you don't care, so moving on!

Any guesses on Aqua's home life? Why does she have to race her dad home? What is she hiding from Kenny? We shall see...

Please vote and comment!

Have a wonderful day, you lovely human beings! Hugs and kisses.