Chapter 1

Do you remember when the sun wouldn't set at like, 4 in the afternoon? Or when it wasn't like 30 degrees during my walk to work?

Ya, well, I'm really missing that weather right now.

And I'm talking to myself again. How lovely! Anyways, I really need to figure out what I'm going to dance for the winter showcase. I mean, choreographing something within the size of the video camera for the zoom session is just such a pain.

Maybe I could....

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I say to the guy I just ran into. See, this is what happens when I act like a lunatic and talk to myself.

"Are you okay?" The guy asks me.

I look up and say, "I'm fi....no way! You're.... you're Kenny Ortega! I'm so so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going and, and I ran into you and-"

"Breathe, it's alright. No harm done." He says this while proceeding to help retrieve the things that fell out of my bag when I walked right into him.

"You don't have to do that," I say, "I can get them."

"It's no problem at all. Are you a dancer?" He asks me while holding my pointe shoes. "I'm actually in dire need of someone right now. We were going to start auditions next week, but if I could get someone sooner, that would be amazing. Do you have time to audition for me right now?"

No freaking way! I'm dreaming right? Or maybe I hit my head, I mean, it has happened before. "Ummmm, are you serious?"

"Yes, actually." Crap, I said that out loud. "Usually we have a protocol for auditions and everything, but we got some super exciting news that I can't wait to start working on, and COVID has changed our auditioning process, so it would take me weeks to find a dancer, let alone start productions." He says

"Um, yes! I'd love to audition. Thank you so much for this opportunity!"

"Perfect, are you free now? Me and my choreographers would need to see you first, then the other producers and cast members."

Shoot. I forgot about work, "Could you give me just a minute, I just need to make a call real quick."

"Sure, sure, take your time. I'm actually heading to the studio right now, so we can go together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: hello lovelies! Thank you for reading my new/first book!! Please leave comments, I love interacting with you amazing people!
Btw, the name of the lead character whose POV you have just read, is Aqua Anderson. I will not be posting her phone call with her manager, but I might come back to it later!
I love you all! Hugs and kisses
Have a wonderful day!!!!!!