Chapter 9

It's Sunday evening, and I'm currently freaking out about starting boot camp tomorrow. I've just been putting everything off and now it's stressing me out. I've taken a week off of work to decide what I'm gonna do about my shift schedule, but I still haven't planned what to do with the kids, and what I'm going to wear or say, and-

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my door opening. "Alon!" I screech. "You can't just barge in here when the door's closed."

He just shrugs, angering me further. I know I'm being unreasonable, but I'm just so stressed.

"Look," he starts. "I know you, and I know you're freaking yourself out right now. Probably even considering quitting. But, dear sister, you have to remember that you're amazing!" I roll my eyes. "I'm serious," he continues. "They chose you because they see your talent. For once, someone stopped and looked at you. So don't blow that chance away because of some stupid fears." He tells me.

He's right. No one ever stops to look at us. And now they did. I have to prove it to them - scratch that, to myself that I can do this.

"You're right," I breathe, slumping a little. "I'm just so scared. What if they realize they made a mistake choosing me? And even if they don't, this is just such a change from what we're used to. I'm scared that something's gonna get messed up, and I won't be able to fix it."

"You'll be fine, panda bear. We'll all be fine." He hugs me. "Come on, let's go get the kids in bed, and you should get to bed too. You'll need it tomorrow."

"K. What are we doing with the kids when we're both gone?" I ask.

"Well, they have school this week. So I'll drop them off in the morning, can you try and get a 30 minute break to bring them back home in the afternoon?"

"I'll ask," I reply, smiling.

"Good, now come on." He says, walking to the doorway.

We both walk into the twins' room to find all four of them sitting together, watching Netflix on my laptop. I look up at Alon, both of us leaning against the doorway, smiling. The kids mean the world to us. They're so precious and pure.

I walk closer to them, picking up a sleeping Macy from Matt's lap. "Come on guys," I say. "It's time for bed."

"Just 5 more minutes? Please?" Noah and Nathan ask together.

"Fine," I say. "Macy is going to bed now. When we're back, it's your turn." I get a bunch of huffs and grumbles in reply.

I get Macy all tucked in, and pack her preschool bag, while getting an outfit ready for tomorrow. I go back into the twins' room to see Alon already getting them ready. Matt walks back to his and Macy's room, getting into bed.

"Goodnight!" I call out to the twins, following him. I sit next to Matt, on his bed, and run my fingers through his hair.

"Can you sing me something?" He asks me.

I smile and look down at him. "Of course, what do you want?"

"Anything." He replies.

I hum in response, thinking. "I'll sing something I'm working on, it's not done yet." I say, going to turn the lights off. I see him smiling in the dark.

"It starts with a dream,

A focus of passion.

But doesn't it always mean,

That you'll be thrown in action

I work and work and paint the story,

Yet I forever stay in the shadows.

Some call that shallow,

To chase after appreciation

But who are you to decide,

What holds my motivation."

Alon enters the room, harmonizing with me,

"I work and work and paint the story,

Yet I forever stay in the shadows.

I cry for someone to hear,

Please look and listen.

But no one turns,

Forcing me further into the shadows.

Shadows, shadows." Alon and I echo.

I kiss Matt on the head, whispering a goodnight, and follow Alon out the door, closing and locking it on my way out. I turn around to head back to my room, but Alon stops me.

"When did you write that?" He asks.

"I've been working on it for a few days, just playing around." I say, looking down.

"I'm glad you're writing again," he says, pulling me in for a hug.

I smile, say goodnight and head into my room. Once I get everything for tomorrow planned and ready, I head into bed, falling asleep quite immediately.

A door slamming wakes me up in the middle of the night. I hear Blake's heavy footsteps as he runs up the stairs. I tense a little, worried that he'll wake the kids up. Their doors are locked, so he won't be able to get in.

He slams my door open. Crap, I forgot to lock it. I see his angry eyes as he storms up to my bed and rips the covers off of me. I quickly scramble to the corner of my bed against the wall, away from him.

"You little good for nothing," He shouts. So much for not waking the kids up. I see Alon's door open slightly, and see him glide across the hall, towards my room. I shake my head slightly, not wanting him to make Blake's anger worse. Thankfully he understands and goes to check up on the kids, with guilty eyes. I'll deal with him later. I don't know why, he always blames himself.

I look back at Blake, right in time to see his hand coming up, locking around my throat. I start choking a little, and thrash around. He throws me across the floor, kicking my stomach a few times, leaving me groaning.

He comes up to my ear and whispers angrily, "If I ever find out that you've been taking the kids and treating them to ice cream, you will be in much worse pain." and he stalks out of my room, slamming the door.

I'm in so much pain, it takes me a while to understand where his anger came from. The day I took the kids out to ice cream. One of his friends must have been watching. I groan in pain, trying to sit up.

Alon rushes in, quietly, with ice in hands. "I'm so sorry" he keeps repeating.

"Alon, shut up," I groan. "You did nothing wrong, this was my fault. I let my guard down. I was just so happy after the audition and stuff."

He hands me the ice, and I lean on him, icing my stomach. We stay like that for a little while, before I slowly drift off to sleep on Alon's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! So, now we know what's wrong with Blake. Anyone else hate him? So this note might be a little longer than my usual, but I'm saying this for all of you out there who are facing what Aqua has been/will face in this story. Though this is a pure work of fiction, I know it actually exists in the real world. If anyone ever needs to let it out, feel free to DM me anytime. I'm here for all of you lovely, amazing, and talented people. No matter where you are, or what you think, just know that you're worth it. And I don't know you, but I know you're amazing. Believe in yourselves, stay strong, and fight back.
Now that I'm done with my ranting, please continue :)

Ok, so, the song in the middle of the chapter *hides my face in my hands* FYI, I was just playing around a little. I'm not a songwriter or anything, and I know it wasn't that great. I actually started that out as a poem, but I thought it really fit Aqua's character. So, any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions??

Anyways, please vote and comment. Have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses.