Chapter 24

It starts to rain as I walk through the cemetery. Freezing rain.

But I don't mind it. The cold makes me feel more alive. Like feeling the pain shows that I'm still here. That I'm not just floating somewhere in this world; I'm living.

I finally stop in front of her, seeing fresh dahlia's in front of her stone. They were her favorite.

Blue and purple dahlias.

She used to tell us that blue is the color of the universe. That's why the sky is blue. Anything that's blue shows unity, and life, she would say.

So she would always make everything blue. I swear, I've never seen someone make so many blue foods, or decorate a house with so much blue. She would always wear blue too. The purple was just for a contrasting color.

I miss her.

So much.

And that's what makes me fall to the floor in tears. Why did she leave me too? Am I really that bad of a person that I kill everything around me?

Aqua Anderson, killer of lovers. That must be who I am. I killed my dad and my mom. My blood family. And I killed her.

Antheia Anderson.

Blake's wife and my adoptive mother. The woman who brought light, love, and life back into my world. After everything I went through, she showed me that I am not alone.

I don't know how long I sit in the rain, but I slowly fall asleep as my tears subside, leaving me shivering, alone in the cold.

But am I really alone? What if this is her, giving me time to be with her?

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to shouting, feeling my body being shoved around and then lifted.

I groan, feeling a pounding headache.

And that gets even more shouting in response.

"She's partially responsive," I hear a voice say, far off.

And then I feel myself being put down on a hard yet soft surface. Where am I?

I groan again, trying to sit up, but not being able to. It's cold.

Really really cold.

"Can you open your eyes for me, love?" I hear a male, accented voice say, next to my head.

I slowly open my eyes, seeing a blinding light pointed at it, making me squeeze it shut again.

"No concussion," I hear him shout, still next to my head, making me groan at the sudden noise.

"Shut up," I whisper softly. My whole body aches.

"Sorry, love, but can you please stay awake for me? The light's gone, so you can open your eyes," he tells me.

I open my eyes, seeing a brown haired guy in scrubs looking at me in concern.

"What's your name, love?" he asks me.

I feel myself moving, making me dizzy. I try sitting up, only to be pushed down by him. "You need to rest, don't try getting up," he tells me, and I just want to keep listening to his voice. What type of accent is that? It sounds vaguely British, but not quite.

"Can you tell me your name please?" he asks again.

"Where am I? Why are we moving? Are you kidnapping me? Why does my body hurt so much? Did you-" he cuts me off.

"Woah, slow down. One question at a time, love. You're in an ambulance, sweetie. Someone found you in the cemetery, freezing to death. You have hypothermia, love. That's why you're covered in so many blankets," he tells me slowly.

Blankets?

I look down to see that he's right. I'm smothered in stacks of blankets but when did that happen?

I start to freak out, finding it get harder to breathe. I hear some beeping noise get faster too, making me look to my right to see a heart rate monitor.

"Love, you need to calm down," I see the guy move towards me with something in his hand. "I'm just giving you a relaxer, all right? You're gonna be perfectly fine."

I feel a cold rush in my hand, and slowly get that woozy, medicated feel, listening to him talk to me as I fall back asleep.

Why didn't I die?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! I am so so sorry for taking so long to update. I've had a crazy busy few weeks, and I just needed to take a step back and take care of myself a little. My schedule is going to be a little more packed, so I might not get to update as often, but I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!

You guys are so amazing! Thank you for voting, commenting, and reading so please keep doing that!!

Have a wonderful Saturday, loves! Hugs and kisses.