Chapter 16

Whoever created bath bombs is a genius. No, they're a God. Right now, I'm relaxing with a bath and a book for the first time in months. I have a day off, the kids aren't up yet, and Blake's out of town. What more can I ask for?

I went all out for my relaxation morning. I have about 2 hours before the kids'll start waking up, so I lit candles to set the ambience, I have music playing softly, a mug of hot cocoa, one of my favorite books, Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys, and lavender scented bath bombs.

Once the water gets cool, I get out and drain the tub. Doing my regular skin care routine, I dress into a cozy set of pajamas, assuming that I'll just spend the day home with the kids. I go downstairs and get started on breakfast, making French toast, eggs, and pancakes since I have the time.

I go back upstairs once I'm done to wake the kids up. Matt's already awake, getting ready in the bathroom, so I wake the twins up first, and then take Macy with me to get her ready.

She's half asleep as I brush her teeth, give her a bath, and do her hair, but the minute we go downstairs and she sees pancakes on the table, she's brightly awake. "PANCAKES!" Macy screams, squirming from my grip, so I put her down and let her run to the table. The boys are quick to follow, and we all have our breakfast together.

As I clean the dishes, Noah comes behind me. "So, what are we doing today?" He asks.

I laugh, "Didn't have any plans, buddy," I tell him. "I thought we could stay in today, maybe watch a couple movies together, and bake cookies or something."

"Can we go to the park?" He asks me, completely dismissing my idea of relaxing. "We haven't been able to play outside for such a long time because of COVID and the cold weather, but it's actually nice today."

Nathan joins him and they both start a chorus of "Please!" with pouty faces. I just laugh, knowing that they'll be bugging me for the whole day if I don't say yes.

"Fine, when do you boys want to go?" I ask.

"Can we go now?" They ask simultaneously.

"We can leave in about an hour, I have some things I need to finish around the house," I tell them. They just shrug and go to Macy and Matt, who are skipping through channels on the T.V.

As I finish up the household chores, I tell the boys to go get ready. I take Macy upstairs to dress her in something warm and change out of my comfort clothes to something more outdoors appropriate.

I take my wallet, phone, and water bottle, and put them in Macy's go-to bag. I pack a few snacks for the kids as well, and decide to take my songwriting book. Maybe I'll get sometime to write while they're all playing.

We walk down to the fountain area that's surrounded by a green belt and a few stores and bakeries. They twins immediately start arguing over who gets Matt on their team until Matt comes up with the idea that the 2 team up against him. I give them their ball and they start playing happily.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask Macy with a smile.

"Color please," she asks me sweetly.

I head over to a patch in the grass that has the sun shining on it and give Macy her coloring book along with some crayons, and grab my songbook as well. Sitting down, I realize that the grass is freezing despite the sunlight, so I pull out an extra picnic blanket that I always keep in Macy's bag, just in case, and lay it out on the ground.

We spend most of the morning just relaxing on the grass like this, somewhere during that time, I started playing Disney music for Macy and we both sang along to the lyrics. The boys come back exhausted from playing for such a long time, immediately whining about hunger.

I decide to take them to one of the bakeries nearby since it would be quick and easy. Besides, my favorite one is around the corner. They have the best cheese danishes and caprese sandwiches!

We quickly walk in, taking a seat at the booth, and order our usuals. We quickly dig into our food once it arrives, all of us hungry from being outside all morning.

I pay and we start our walk home once we're all finished eating. The twins walk side-by-side next to Matt, all engrossed in a debate about soccer teams while Macy sleeps with her head on my shoulder. For some reason I feel like we're being watched as we walk home.

I subtly look behind me, not wanting to alarm the boys or wake Macy up, and sadly I'm right. Two of Blake's friends are following us. My breathing starts to pick up, Alon's always been there to help me around Blake's friends. But now I'm alone with the kids. Thankfully they didn't notice that I saw them, so I walk closer to the boys, deciding to tell them to run home with Macy.

I know that's not the best plan, but it's all I can think of at the moment. Just as I'm about to open my mouth, Blake's friends call out to me, making the boys turn around. Realization clouds Matt's face as he recognizes them from last time. He looks at me with a What's the plan type of look, but I just hand him Macy and step in front of the kids.

I guess this is my plan now, wonderful!

Blake's friends take this time to come closer to us, now standing just a few feet away from me. The shorter one looks at me and smirks while the taller one reaches his hand out, as if to grab me. I tense and push the kids back a little right as someone else calls out my name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! So we ended on a cliffhanger! Anyone want to make any guesses on who called out Aqua's name?

On another note, I wanted to let you all know that I'm starting a new book, a fanfic on 5sos, so keep your eyes open for that. It's called Sister, but I haven't published it yet. Just a notice!

Please vote and comment! Have a wonderful evening! Hugs and kisses.