Chapter 17

All of us freeze, turning our heads to the side alley where the noise came from. Charlie and Owen emerge from the dark alley, making Noah and Nathan run to them.

"Hey buddies," Owen greets them, high-fiving the twins. "I thought I saw you, Aqua, any plans for your day off?" Owen asks me.

I just stand there staring for a minute. Well that was an unexpected solution, but I'm not sure if I should be relieved or worried. On one hand, I'm relieved that there are witnesses, so short and tall (that's what I'm calling Blake's friends for now) can't do anything, but what if they tell Blake that I'm working, or what if they recognize the boys?

Trying to ignore the war that's going on in my brain, I respond to Own's question. "Pretty much just a relaxation day, O. The kids wanted to play soccer for a bit, so we're just heading home."

"Nice," Charlie says. "Gotta stay fit, huh kids." I can't help but laugh as his Canadian accent comes out a bit. "What?" he asks me.

"Nothing," I say, trying to muffle my laughter, but failing as I catch Owen's eye, only to see him doubling over too.

Matt clears his throat to catch my attention, reminding me of who is standing in front of us. Right. I look back at short and tall, and say, "I have to go, sorry." Then I turn around and motion for the kids to start walking, Charlie and Owen following us.

The twins jump back into their conversation with Matt, and I reach over to grab Macy from him.

"So," Charlie wiggles his eyebrows, making me laugh and say 'what.' "Have you and Jake finished working on your dance yet?"

"Sort of," I tell him. "We have the choreo down, but we're still thinking of how we want to show the phantomness of it. Is that even a word? Phantomness..."

Owen laughs, "I don't think so."

"Well then, you should be grateful. You're in the presence of a genius who just unknowingly created a new word," I say, taking a small bow with Macy still sleeping on me.

Both Owen and Charlie burst out laughing at this. "Hey! I'm being serious!" I tell them with a small smile myself.

I unlock the door to our house, the twins immediately running to the couch, fighting for the TV remote. "Clean up first," I shout out to them. They look at me and zip line upstairs. I don't know how they're so energetic.

"And wash your hands properly," I shout to the boys. Noah yells back, "Yeah yeah!"

"Sorry about that," I tell Charlie and Owen. "Welcome to mi casa. Feel free to make yourselves at home. I'm just going to put Macy down for a nap upstairs." They nod.

Matt follows me upstairs. "Are you sure it's a good idea to have people over?"

"Relax, Matt. Blake's out of town, you have nothing to worry about," I tell him, laying Macy down on her bed.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything, alright?" I ask him as I walk back to the door.

"Yeah, thanks," he says, so I go back downstairs.

"Do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" I ask the boys, seeing them on the couch. "Just a glass of water would be great, thanks," Owen says, getting a 'same' from Charlie.

The twins come back running down to the TV and I see them talking with Owen and Charlie about what to watch, when I go into the kitchen to get 2 glasses of water and a plate of snacks.

Apparently they decided on watching Julie and the Phantoms, which makes me laugh as I watch Charlie and Owen enact the scene that's playing on the TV. I set the tray of water and snacks on the coffee table, and go to sit on the loveseat adjacent to the couch.

The twins get engrossed in the show while me, Charlie, and Owen chat for a while. We talk a little about set; they spoke about their memories from last season, and what I should expect when we start filming. It honestly sounds super fun.

I hear the garage open, making me look at the time. Alon isn't off until 4, but the time is 3. He never comes early. Matt comes running down as well, looking panicked.

I quickly look at Owen and Charlie, who are still talking, oblivious to the situation around him. It's totally possible that Blake came home from his trip early; it's happened before.

I know it's only a few minutes before whoever opened the garage comes in, so I quickly get Charlie and Owen outside, giving them hurried goodbyes. I shut the door on their confused faces right as Blake comes out of the garage.

Crap- the kids. Thankfully his eyes find me first, so I decide to distract them while Matt takes the twins upstairs and locks the room.

"So, how was your trip?" I ask, trying to sound confident, but failing miserably.

He storms up to me, stopping right in front of me and gripps my face. "Did I ask you to talk?"

I quickly shake my head, hoping he'd let me go. But of course, that's wishful thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! The first few chapters of Sisters is out, please check it out!

How was your first day back from break yesterday (if this applies to you)? I don't think my time off was long enough :(

Anyways, please vote and comment. Have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses.