Chapter 2

" I didn't quite catch your name," Mr. Ortega tells me.

" Aqua. Aqua Anderson! My parents wanted a unique name, and what better way than to name me after my mom's favorite color, haha" I laugh nervously. I don't want him to recognize the name from all the news channels. I was quite famous after the accident, just not in the way I wanted. But I mean, this happened back home, so maybe he doesn't know?

" That's a beautiful name. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and what do you do."

" Well, I'm 16, I am a senior in high school, I do online because of my work shifts." I tell him honestly. Hopefully he won't pick up on the work part, after all, a 16 year old shouldn't really be worried about work that much.

" 16 and a senior?" He asks astonished. "Quite the brain you must have." He says. "Can't wait to see your dancing!"

I laugh nervously. What if he doesn't like me? What if I fall? What if- Oh no,  I shouldn't have agreed to this, I mean why would he even want me, out of all the dancers in the world! I'm not even that pretty, and I don't have friends and-

"We're here!" He says, breaking my thoughts. "Once we're inside, I want you to go into the studio to your right, it'll be the first door. I'm just going to see is anyone else is free to watch, and then we'll decide between us. You may have to repeat the process a couple times in front of different people so we can get everyone's opinion. And then lastly, you will be put together with our pre-existing cast to see your chemistry together."

"Wait. Cast? What exactly am I auditioning for?" I ask him.

"It will be for a dancing role," he says, "but there will be some acting as well. We can discuss the details later. For now, I definitely need a dancer."

Well, thank god for making me take drama these past few years!

I walk into the studio and am amazed at the size of it! The wall to my right is completely a mirror (as I expected), but the room extends all the way to the back. They don't have ballet bars attached to the walls, but I'm assuming that's because this isn't a real ballet studio.

I put my bag down in front of the mirror and get my phone out to play some instrumental warm up music. As I'm stretching, I see a couple of people in black shirts enter through the back door, and it's like my body immediately freaks out. I hate how I get so tensed when I'm in front of people. It takes me a couple takes to be able to let go freely in front of an audience, even if I know them well!

Wait. What if I tense up in front of Mr. Ortega and the other choreographers! I really can't screw this up.

I'm so caught up in my own thoughts that I don't realize everyone is already in the room until Mr. Ortega calls my name. I see one other person, who I immediately recognize as Victoria Caro.

"Ready, Aqua?"

"Yes, sorry, I spaced out a little!"

"No problem at all kiddo, you have three options, you can do something classical that has already been choreographed for you, you can do something that is more modern/contemporary that you have choreographed (it can be any genre of dance), or you can do something impromptu. No matter which option you choose, you will have to do the others at some other point." He says

Those are all really good options. Maybe I should keep the impromptu one for last so I can impress everyone at the same time? I don't really enjoy doing classical pieces because they are so strict and structured. There's no freedom in them, but maybe that'll hide my fear right now?

I won't need to let go so much, so it could help me warm up to my audience. "I'll start with a classical piece, if that's ok Mr. Ortega." I say

"Sounds good, and call me Kenny kiddo." I just smile at that, knowing I'd never address him that disrespectfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She dances here. Watch the video above. (I don't own the rights to the video, it's just one of my favorite solos)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finish and take a deep breath, feeling so happy that I nailed that. I look at Mr. Ortega and Victoria and see them just starting at me.

"That was- I have no words, that was beyond amazing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello again, you amazing human beings. Hope you liked this chapter, I was actually rehearsing a dance piece after I started writing this. Sadly, Kenny Ortega wasn't there.
Anyways, for those of you who care, the cast members will be making their appearances soon. So, something to look out for!
Hope you guys are having a wonderful day!
Please comment. I love you guys! Hugs and kisses.