The Truth

You heard the alarm going off and you groaned pressing your body closer to John. It felt like only minutes since you'd gone to bed and you realized it hadn't been very long at all. You'd stayed up late having sex and rubbing lotion into the marks you'd left over his body.

Your tummy warmed with the memory of how tenderly he'd taken you last night, pressing you into the bed with slow deep strokes, murmuring sweet words and kisses against your neck as you both moved like one. He'd been so patient and gentle with you even when you'd gotten emotional and held you tight until you'd orgasmed several times, draining away your ability to feel anything but pleasure. You remembered watching him building to his own orgasm between your thighs and screaming out your name as he came. Yours.

There was the alarm again, not too loud but just loud enough that you couldn't keep ignoring it. Without even opening your eyes you stretched for the side table and swept your phone into your palm. Lifting it to your face you opened your eyes and your stomach dropped. This wasn't your phone, it wasn't ringing with an alarm, but it was lit up with a message.

"Seeing you yesterday meant everything to me Baby Boy." The sender name said Darling. That wasn't your name. His phone felt hot in your palm like a flame that would burn you to pieces. Immediately you recalled your first scene together, he'd indicated on your negotiation form that he didn't want you to call him darling or baby boy. Her. This message was from Bree.

Your alarm was still going off, on your phone, also on the bed side table. You swiped it up and silenced the alarm and then realized you felt like you might be sick and began wrestling your body from John's embrace. He was a liar and his hands on your naked body made you feel ill, acid teasing at the back of your throat. Your phone slipped to the carpet as it dropped from your hand and slid from the bed.

"Hey babygirl where are you going?" His voice was deep with morning sleep and he'd opened just one eye to look at you, drowsy and unfocused. He was pulling you snugly against him and you hated it.

"Get your hands off me," you couldn't disguise your revulsion and your tone must have hit home because he immediately released you and you almost tumbled backward off the bed in your rush to move away.

"Y/N, what is going on?" He was awake now, eyes still heavy with sleep but alert and he'd sat up looking at you. He had such a boyish quality to him, tumbled hair and innocent eyes. It only took him a second before those eyes got to his phone in your hand and you watched the recognition and dismay cross his face. He froze and you tossed his phone softly to the bed where it bounced to a stop in front of him. He lifted it, his thumb touching the screen to wake it and you saw the flinch as he read her message.

Realizing you weren't wearing anything and you couldn't have this discussion with him naked you fled to the bathroom slamming the door behind you, fingers finding the lock and clicking it into place. The tears erupted at the same moment and you dropped to your knees on the bathmat hands covering your mouth, you couldn't let him hear how much you were hurting. He didn't deserve your pain, he was an asshole and a liar. How could he spend the day with her and then crawl into your bed the same night? Had they slept together? Had he ever been with Sean at all?

"Let me explain, it's not what you're thinking. I should have told you, but it's not as bad as I know you're thinking Y/N." His voice was strained and the pitch was too high, stress obvious in each word.

"Shut up! Shut up! I don't want you to say anything to me John Tan!" You covered your ears like a child and pressed yourself against the side of the tub, forehead dropping to the cold porcelain. He respected your request and you heard him moving around outside the door, probably dressing. It was better he grab his things and leave, tail tucked between his legs.