Safe

You held the wooden paddle out in front of you, unsure where to start, wanting to keep him off guard but also knowing a toy with such a powerful impact couldn't be used just anywhere. You touched the textured surface of the wood to his ribs, knowing a hard enough impact there would be very bad, but you didn't strike, only let him feel the new toy. You dragged it downward, letting the pointed bumps scrape against skin, and you could see the goosebumps rising along the edges of John's arms as they stretched over his head.

"Pet, this is going to feel very different than the leather, are you ready?" You patted the wooden toy against his hip with a little force, preparing him for the pain to come. He grumbled something that resembled a proper response but you waited. "I would like you to count each hit and ask me for another. How many do you think I'm going to give you?" Your voice was baiting him, drawing him in with sweetest, but you weren't feeling friendly at all. Once again he responded with what sounded like an agreement, and you walked to the other side of his body, dragging the paddle across his ass as you made the transition.

Once you reached your new spot you pulled the paddle back and brought it down with only a little bit of force against his left ass cheek. He grunted in reaction then yelped the word one, followed by the required request for another. You were surprised at how easily you could understand him, even with the thick gag between his lips. You brushed your fingers across his lower back with your free hand then brought the wood down in relatively the same place with a little more force than the first time.

"Tuu, missress, anatha puhs," you almost found it comical how he struggled to form the proper diction as he made out the words. He wasn't in nearly enough pain if he was able to focus so much energy on his responses. You delivered a third blow with twice as much force as the last slightly lower on his ass, closer to the thigh. You could hear John grit his teeth as he yelped in pain, the textured bumps of the wooden paddle leaving lovely indentations as you pulled it away. It only took him a second and he counted the hit and asked for more. You hit him four more times with varying strength pausing between each to let him say his part, enjoying the way he was losing control and each repetition became more difficult to understand.

"I'm tired of hearing you pet, even your voice irritates me, be silent. I don't even want you to cry out, just nod if you understand." Your lips curled into a pleased smile when he nodded. You were about to make it nearly impossible for him to be quiet as you had ordered.

Tightening your grip around the handle you adjusted your stance letting your thigh brush to his hip then leaned away and brought the paddle down at the bottom of his ass and partly across the bend of his thigh. Air whooshed from his lungs but he dug his teeth into the gag and was silent, even though you knew you'd inflicted pain judging by the red skin. You slid your palm down the tender skin then lined the paddle up again and struck just a little harder than the previous blow in a similar area on the other side. Without giving him a break you delivered a third blow back at the other leg, a generous amount of force applied. You watched the tension scatter from his shoulders the handcuffs clanging against their chain, the pain clearly rolling through his body in a shiver.

"Poor pet, you're already bruising," your cool palm stroked the damaged skin and he relaxed beneath the comforting contact. "I hope you're not thinking I'm done." Without warning you struck him again in the same place as last time with the same amount of force. He started to pull against his cuffs but you could see him rethink that and he flexed his fingers outward and took a deep breath. Before he could fully release the air through his barely parted lips you slapped the paddle down again, slightly harder.

Watching him closely you delivered two more hits rotating sides but with enough force that he almost groaned each time and the broad muscles of his legs flexed. You thought to give him a break but then remembered how he'd told you over and over to keep in contact with him, to update him and let him know how you were doing and then ignored you completely for 13 hours. You delivered more blows, a total of six, three on each side but with more force than you intended. You weren't even in tune with his reactions and when you realized you were about to hit him full force you dropped the paddle to the floor with a loud thud and walked away from him. This was exactly why you didn't play or punish over personal issues, you felt the anxiety and panic rising in your chest.