Distraction

The next week had a rhythm to it, a steadiness, and by Friday night it hardly felt like a whole week had passed. John went back to classes as expected on Monday, and you'd began to think about when you'd return as well. Your dad hadn't changed, aside from having his first surgery on his leg, he remained in the same state, brain swelling and unawake. Dr. Stafford was still optimistic at his improvement, pointing out his reflexes and brightly lit up CT scans. It didn't make any sense to you but if she was pleased with his progress you chose to be as well.

Your mom started leaving you alone with your dad in the morning into the afternoon so she could go home and spend time with Robbie, who finally after four days was adamant she come see him. You spent the time talking to him quietly, not repeating your sobbing performance from the first morning, rather choosing mundane topics. You also silently worked on your assignments beside him, listening to recorded lectures from your friends, reading notes and trying to not allow yourself to fall too far behind.

Evenings were spent with your brother and John, all three of you cooking dinner, then cleaning up which often resulted in splashing water and sudsy bubbles everywhere and fits of laughter from Robbie. By the time your aunt came back from the hospital Robbie was tucked into bed and you and John could sneak away to his dorm or yours. John had kept his promise, and never again kept out of contact for long hours. He regularly checked in through text between classes until he saw you in the evenings. You'd joked with him that it was almost like clockwork the way he popped up on your notifications. He'd laughed softly and changed the subject.

You hadn't dared to dominate him again, realizing that you weren't confident enough to be able to separate your emotions and give him the scene he deserved. He hadn't really tried to dominate you either, sometimes taking control, but never delivering any impact play. At first you thought the pain might clear your head, but realized it would probably just mix all your emotions together again.

Just because you weren't creating scenes didn't mean you weren't having sex. In fact you were having a lot of sex, morning sex, night sex, and even sneaking behind closed doors to fool around when dinner was cooking and Robbie distracted outside with basketball or neighbors. You'd particularly liked surprising John in the bathroom yesterday evening at your parent's house, where you'd jerked him off while choking him. He'd seemed really into it and you'd loved watching him cum all over his stomach.

"Earth to Y/N, are you going to answer me?" John's smooth voice finally penetrated your mind.

"What?" You realized you'd been thinking about last night in the bathroom and not paying attention to the conversation he was trying to engage you in over dish duty.

"What are the plans for the weekend, is the routine going to be the same?" He was smirking at you now, "I think you were remembering something, want to share?"

"Nope," you said blushing slightly, "I'm guessing it will be the same as any other day this week. I know Sunday I have to decide if I'm going to let my aunt take over my shifts at the hospital and go back to school. I know my mom would prefer it. Most of my classes are morning classes anyway, so I could still spend time with my dad and evenings with Robbie.

"Will you be able to focus if you go back to classes?" He handed you another soapy plate and you absentmindedly dunked it into clean water.

"I think so, I've been keeping up with most of the assignments anyway, I think the only thing I haven't done is our project with Professor Long." You grimaced thinking about her class and the way she probably glare when you delivered your summary. It was possible she could feel sorry for you and pretend to not dislike you for the duration.

"She said we had until the last day of the semester, so don't let my grade on the project rush you, it will be okay." He bumped his hip against yours and you placed the clean plate into the drying rack before you grabbed the next from him.