Negotiation

You closed the distance between yourself and the door and took a long slow breath before pulling the door back and looking at your visitor. John stood there, shoulders back, hair slightly damp from what must have been a recent shower, eyes hesitant until they took in your body.

"Y/N, you look," he stopped talking his hand reaching out as if he might brush along your hip and feel the smoothness of the leather skirt, "amazing." He finished his sentence and let his arm drop to his side without making any contact with you. You were pleased he had rethought that touch, and you stepped back to allow him entrance.

"Come in John, I'm glad you didn't change your mind." You kept your voice normal and friendly like it had been in the book store earlier, you weren't ready to change your tone and demeanor just yet. He was careful to ease past you without brushing his body to yours. He carried a gym bag and was wearing black sweats and a loose fitting white t-shirt with a company logo on the chest you didn't recognize. When he saw the pillows by the door he stepped toward them and began to lower himself to his knees. "Not yet, we have some things to discuss first, why don't you sit at my desk?"

He left his bag by the door and walked toward your desk chair, his eyes taking in the bed for the first time. Was it fear washing into his eyes or anticipation, you weren't sure, but you were pleased with the thought of both. Another image of him straddling your desk chair, your hands wrenching his arms back roughly, made you smile. He noticed the smile cross your face and gave a smile of his own.

"I don't talk to people about this side of myself too often. I just want to th-"He began in a rush of words.

"Don't thank me, I've not done anything yet." You softly sat down on a corner of the bed that was empty and crossed your legs slowly. He watched almost as if he was entranced as your knee lifted and settled over the other, even more space spreading between your stockings and your skirt. You moved delicately to give him a show, but not too much, you didn't want to expose more than a bit of thigh.

"I don't know anything about your dynamic with your ex," you paused a moment to let him make himself comfortable. "I think we should negotiate very clearly tonight since we've never played together before. I want to help you, not inflict more harm." You motioned toward the pen and paper on the table. "Have you negotiated a scene before John?" You waited as he read down the sheet of paper.

"A little bit, limits and stuff, but this is a lot of information." He sounded unsure and maybe more nervous now that he'd been before.

"Let's just take it one line at a time, you're just John and I'm just Y/N. This is a discussion and there's no right or wrong answers, I want you to write down our discussion and agreement next to each one, okay?" You dropped your voice into a very slow and soothing tone, letting your words slide around him comfortingly.

"What are our roles?" He read each word in his soft voice. "I would like to be the submissive and for you to be the dominant. Is that right?" He looked up at you and smiled halfway to his eyes.

"That sounds right, can I ask if you're naturally submissive or did your ex bring that out?" You waited for him to answer, he left you waiting for several moments.

"I am actually a switch, but I need to be submissive regularly. She was more dominant than submissive so I did end up in this role a lot. We were only in a sexual dynamic, our personal relationship was vanilla." He nodded to himself, as if he was proud that he was able to recount those details without feeling the sadness of their break up slip into his head. He wrote down a few words on the paper.

"Who can watch this scene?" He looked at you a frown on his face. "What does that mean? Is someone else here?" He looked toward the closed closet and bathroom doors.