Chapter 76 | "one last fight"

The two walked down the crowded hallway together, smiling at the familiar students and quietly conversing as they made their way to a classroom.

The senior trainees all bowed deeply to Jihyun with big smiles on their faces. As they recognized their once-peer Jaemin by her side, they watched in shock, whispering amongst themselves.

"Why is he with her?"

"Wasn't she with Jeno?"

"I guess she's with Jaemin now?"

"Are they still trainees?"

"Where are the others?"

"Wow he's wearing the jacket!"

"He's NCT now....amazing."

"They look so good together!"

"I wish I was Jaemin..."

The two looked at eachother as they overheard the students conversation, a proud smirk on Jaemin's face as he possessively wrapped an arm around her.

"Are we getting protective now?" She said with a smirk. Although she didn't want him to start anything with anyone, she loved it when he acted a bit possessive.

"If I'm gonna show off my new jacket, I might as well show everyone what else is mine."

She blushed when she felt his lips brush her ear, his voice a deep whisper. She let herself lean into him slightly as they continued to walk, his grip tightening around her.

"Well well well if it isn't little Na Jaemin."

The pair turns around to see a group of boys standing in the hallway, staring at them with arrogant smirks on their faces. She feels Jaemin tense up as he recognizes the boys.

"Yeojang" Jaemin says lowly, straightening his posture and fixing the closest boy with a cold glare.

"Nice to see you again, Jaemin. I'm sure you've missed us."

"The only thing I've missed is seeing your blood on my fist."

"All confident now that you're in NCT, hmmm? Funny coming from the boy who was always second best."

"You couldn't even make it into the gang so I wouldn't talk."

"Well don't speak so soon" Yeojang spat, a challenge in his gaze. "You've been gone a long time while we've been here training. Don't get all cocky just because of that jacket you're wearing, I'm willing to bet that Jeno wouldn't be the only one to beat you if you had to come back to class."

Jaemin tensed up, taking a step towards the boys as Jihyun grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Don't. It's not worth it."

"Oh look at that." Yeojang sneered out as he watched Jihyun whisper in his ear. "She's your little girlfriend or something now, is she? How'd someone like you manage that."

"Jaemin." She hissed out in warning, feeling his muscles stiffen underneath his jacket. He let out a huff of air before taking a step back, sending a glare to Yeojang.

"Whatever" he turned to leave when Yeojang called out again.

"Run away, Jaemin, like always, needing someone else to protect you. You're lucky she took pity on you or else I would've ended you by now. I still don't know how you're weak self got with her." Jaemin spun around, anger flaring in his eyes.

"You know you could do a lot better," Yeojang says nonchalantly to Jihyun, sending her a wink. "Once you wake up and realize what a loser this guys is, give me a call." She just scoffed in return, rolling her eyes.

"I'm good, thanks." She deadpanned, staring him down. As Yeojang met her eyes, his confidence faltered slightly, causing her to smirk seeing the flicker of nervousness in his eyes.

"Not so confident now, are we? You know, for all your big talk you can't even hold my gaze. Pathetic." She laughed out darkly. Anger flared in Yeojang's eyes, pushing away the nervousness.

"No. Pathetic is that idiot next to you. It's even more pathetic that you'd lower yourself to his standard, aren't you supposed to be some great assassin?"

A switch flicked on in Jihyun's head, her cold expression instantly darkening as she dropped Jaemin's arm. She straightened up, fixing her jacket and letting out a small amused huff.

She didn't say anything else as fixed her gaze on the boy, a fire in her eyes that scared him. He wanted to try and apologize but it was too late, she had grabbed his collar and thrown him against the lockers with ease. The students gasped as she walked over to him, pinning him against the locker with one hand on his chest.

"It seems like some of you have forgotten your manners in our absence these past few months. I might've been nicer to you guys, but do I need to remind you of who I really am? The way I was when school started? Hmm?"

Yeojang shook his head quickly, too terrified to say anything else as the entire hallway went silent, many of the other NCT members running over to see the commotion.

"Things must've been too nice here for you guys, right? Well, prepare to meet a nightmare. You want to talk that way to a member of NCT, fine. Game on. One last fight." She growled, pushing him harshly as she took a step back, pressing the mic on her in ear.

"If you guys want to see a show, come to the training center."

- - -

"Please, please Jihyun I'm begging you. I-I'm no match for you, please spare me. Please have mercy on me." Yeojang cried out, kneeling on the combat mat in the training center with Jihyun standing over him in the center and the rest of the NCT members gathered around.

"Mercy? I'm sorry but that word isn't quite in my vocabulary." She smirked as his eyes widened and filled with terror. "But lucky for you, I'm not the one you're fighting."

She looked over her shoulder, signaling for Jaemin to step up to the mat.

"You said you could beat him, right? You've been training here and he hasn't. You seemed quite confident of your ability in the hallway, so it's time to show up. Here's your chance." She said lowly, meeting the now curious boy's eyes.

"You beat him? You can have his spot in NCT."

She felt Jaemin tense up beside her, the members turning to stare at her in shock as Yeojang slowly stood up from the platform, a new determination in his eyes.

She grabbed Jaemin's arm and walking him into the corner opposite Yeojang, pulling him down to whisper in his ear.

"Do me a favor let me have a quick word with him right before you kill him."

Jaemin let out a huff of amusement, his brief feelings of nervousness fading as he met her gaze, nothing but confidence in her eyes.

"Alright boys, give it your best."

———
I can't believe this story is almost over! Only 2 chapters left omg!!!

But as I've said, I have started writing my next book and I think y'all will really like it. Tbh it's much better than this one IMO since this is my first book and it's not that great lol.