Chapter 59 | "what happened"

Chaos. Pure chaos ensued after Taeyong's words. The boys were quite literally crawling over one another to get changed out of their pajamas. Taeyong, Yuta, and Kun waited for them at the base of the staircase and within a minute all the boys were down.

Most of them had just thrown in whatever they had around. A messy mix of tshirts and shorts, mismatched socks and shoes, and ruffled hair but it didn't matter. They ran to the cars, all just hopping in wherever and speeding over to the hospital.

They ran into the building, sprinting up the stairs towards her room, getting weird looks from just about everyone they passed.

When they reached the door, there was a nurse leaving it. She smiles when she saw the boys, motioning them inside.

"She's in there with the doctors right now, go on in."

They boys busted into the room, the door flying open with a loud crashing noise. They saw Jihyun sitting there, two doctors at her side quietly conversing with her. She looked exhausted. The color still drained from her face as she slumped in her bed, but her eyes were open. A small smile appeared on her face when she noticed the boys.

"Hi guys."

There was a pause, all of the boys taking a moment to process the girl in front of them. Looking at them. Speaking to them.

"Jihyun!"

"Oh my god you're okay!"

"We've missed you so much!"

"How are you feeling?"

"Do you need anything?"

The boys threw questions at her, rushing to the side of her bed in excitement. She looked from boy to boy, trying to answer the rapid flow of questions.

"Hi guys" "yeah I'm okay" "I've missed you too" "I'm feeling better, I guess" "no I'm alright" "I'm- oh" "um yeah Um" "uh, yes" "no oh I- um"

She began getting overwhelmed at the 19 boys bombarding her with questions. Her gaze flickered wildly between the boys, the smile on her face starting to falter.

The machine next to her started beeping rapidly, causing the doctors to look up from their clipboards in concern. They noticed her eyes becoming unfocused and her body starting to get weak.

"Boys!" One of them yelled out, halting their increasingly loud voices. "Somethings happening to the patient, please exit the room immediately."

The doctors quickly shoved everyone out of her room, closing the door and locking it. The boys stood in the hallway, completely stunned.

"Is she okay?" Jisung whispered out. "What happened?"

"I don't know, Jisung, but let's go wait over there." Ten said, pointing to a small open area with tables and chairs.

The boysr all took a seat, waiting anxiously in complete silence for the doctors to come out. After about 20 minutes, her room door opened and one of the doctors walked out. The boys all stood up as he approached. Taeyong walked forward, bowing to the doctor.

"Is everything okay with her?"

"Yes and no." the doctor replied, his eyes full of pity as he looked at the boys. "she's alright. She's still awake and nothing bad happened. However, having all of you there I believe was quite overwhelming for her. Her stress levels sky rocketed and she almost passed out again. We don't know if its some sort of traumatic response or just an emotional trigger, but it's best that she be alone for a while. We'll let you know when all of you can come and see her, but for now, we do have to ask you to leave her be." the doctor bowed and walked away from the boys, leaving them stunned.

"we-we can't go see her?" Jaemin stuttered out, breaking the silence.

"I guess not. Not now anyway." Taeyong said turning around. "Look, she's awake at least. We'll be able to see her soon, for now, let's go home."

- - -

it had been about 5 days since Jihyun woke up, the doctors were giving constant updates to Taeyong but they still thought she was too unstable. They said that she would probably be discharged in a few days and would be able to see them then.

"Hello?" It was about 1 in the afternoon when Taeyong received a phone call.

"Yes, Lee Taeyong? This is Jihyun's doctor."

"Ah hello sir, is everything okay?"

"Yes, actually. We will be discharging her once she feels ready but first she has requested to see you. Only you." The doctor emphasized the last two words as Taeyong's eyes widened in understanding.

"Yes of course I understand. Thank you." Taeyong said, hanging up the phone and reaching for his keys.

"Taeyong? Where are you going, did something happen with Jihyun?" Lucas asked, noticing Taeyong heading to the exit.

"Ah no, they said she's doing fine. I just need to go and take care of some uhhh paperwork. I'll be back" he quickly left the house and got into his car.