Chapter 25 | "you'll get used to it"

She turned back to the wall, lifting her right hand and placing it on the far right side. His eyes widened as he heard a quiet beeping noise before a panel slid open in front of their faces. She quickly typed in a password using the keypad and then leaned forward, a laser scanning her eye. She stood back up as the screen flashed green.

"Access granted, Welcome, Jang Jihyun." An automated voice spoke. The wall in front of them then split in two as she walked forward, he was going to follow before she stuck out her arm.

"Wait a second. You can't enter without clearance, you'll just run straight into an invisible barrier. Give me one second." She walked in, turning to a small computer on the wall just next to the entrance.

She typed something in the computer, holding her wrist out to a machine and pressing her thumb print into a pad on the wall.

"Temporary access granted. Welcome, guest of Jang Jihyun." The automated voice spoke.

She beckoned for him to enter. He walked into the dark hallway, awe written all over his face. He heard the doors close behind them and instantly lights turned on, illuminating the dark hallway.

"This is some real spy-movie type shit." He laughed out in astonishment.

"Yeah, you can thank Ten and Kun for all this. You'll probably meet them eventually, and if you make it into NCT, you'll get to see all of their gadgets. This isn't even that cool compared to some of the stuff they Dream up." She says, continuing to walk down the white hallway.

"What is this anyway?" He asks her. She finally stops in front of a set of double doors, turning to face him.

"This is what you get for being one of my trainees. Welcome to the Aces Center" she says with a mischievous smile.

The double doors slide open and they step into a massive space. Jeno looks around and takes it all in. The room is circular, the ceilings are incredibly high as there are two levels, the main floor open all the way to the top with a hallway around the perimeter. The first floor is a training center and he can only see doors lining the second level. There's big sliding doors around the walls of the first floor which he can only assume must reveal areas for specific skill training.

"Follow me, I'll show you around." She says, walking down the stairs and turning to her left. She flicks a switch and every section of the massive room lights up.

"I know it's overwhelming right now, but believe me, you'll get used to it." She walks over to the first door, pressing a small green button on the wall. The door slides up to reveal another huge room.

"This is the archery area. You can find different types of bows and arrows here" she walks over to the first section of wall on the left. "Theres bows of every material and strength, as well as numerous different types of arrows. You'll learn to work with all of them, but if you join NCT, you'll eventually get to customize one." Jeno smiles at the thought as she continues walking over to a small desk with a computer on it.

"This computer is what controls this room. There's one of these in each type of training room. You can use this program to choose your training type. You can do basic target practice or different drills, like this." She clicks on a button that says "levels".

The computer lets out a beep before the ground in front of them starts shifting. Jeno notices that only the ground within a black marking on the floor can change, making a mental note to always be on the outside of the black line. The ground raises and dips, creating multiple levels of terrain as targets begin to pop up one at a time on random levels.

She continues to show him through the various training rooms. The shooting and knife throwing ones being essentially identical to the archery room. They all have a weapons rack and computer for training with target practice or situational and reactive training.