Chapter 50 | "goodbye?"

"What?" she breathes out, panic surging through her body.

"How do you know?" Taeyong asks, springing up from the bed, Jihyun right behind him as they follow Ten to his office.

"I got the alert a few minutes ago, his tracker has been cut. Only NCT members would know where your trackers are." Ten says, showing the warning on the screen.

"Wait, you're saying that Johnny and them cut Jaehyun's tracker out?" Jihyun whispers.

"It's the only way this could've happened. No other gang knows about your tracker chips, and Taeil is the only member aside from me and you who knows the exact location of each member's chip." Ten explains quickly. "The three of them cut theirs out as they were leaving, so there's no way for us to find them."

"Why Jaehyun? It's Ji that they really want." Taeyong asks, turning to look at Ten.

"To weaken us? or to use as a bargain? I don't know." Ten responds quietly, focused on the screen in front of him as Taeyong quickly turns to face Jihyun.

"Ji." he places both hands on her shoulders, "if they're trying to use Jae to get to you, I need you to promise that you won't fall for it. Whatever we do, we do as team. You cannot go after him on your own, okay?" Taeyong says sternly.

"Fine. Ten, keep working on this, and Taeyong, you help him. We'll get him back." She says, turning to leave the room.

She walks back down the hallway, her mind racing as she tries to think of what to do. She walks into her room and sits on the edge of her bed, feeling the breeze from her open window.

"Did I leave my window open...?" she asks herself as she notices the wind. Her eyes drift from her window to her desk, a small note in the center. "Okay this was definitely not there before." she quickly opened the note, reading it to herself.

Hello, sister.
By now you must know that Jaehyun is gone and we've taken him. He's safe, for now, aside from a missing chunk of flesh and a tracking chip, he's unharmed.
If you want him to stay that way, then I suggest you cut out your own tracking chip and meet me at the old park past the edge of the territory at 8. I'm willing to propose a trade.
see you soon,
your beloved brother.

Jihyun crumpled the note in her hands, throwing it into the trash and checking the clock. 7:21. Taking a deep breath she pulled out a piece of paper, writing a note on it and shoving it in her pocket. She grabbed her knife and carefully pierced her forearm, wincing slightly as she cut out her tracker, cleaning it and placing it on her desk.

She then sneaked to the garage and hopped on her motorcycle, carefully exiting the house in silence and driving towards the park.

- - -

"Jihyun, thank you for coming." Johnny said, leaning on a light pole as she took off her helmet.

"Where is Jaehyun?" she demanded.

"Not so fast, show me your arm first." she held out her right arm, a quick bloody bandage wrapped around it, which she peeled back to show her wound. "excellent, so you're trading yourself in? how sweet." he snaps his fingers and Doyoung walks out, dragging a blindfolded Jaehyun behind him.

Johnny rips his blindfold off, Jaehyun searching around wildly before his eyes land on Jihyun, his eyes instantly filling with sadness and regret.

"Looks like your precious princess has come to save you" Johnny whispers in Jaehyun's ears as Doyoung undoes his handcuffs.

"You shouldn't have done this Ji." Jaehyun says, walking up to her.

"Just shut up and go home. Tell them all that I love them." she replies, shoving her helmet, keys, and the note into Jaehyun's hands and walking to stand next to Johnny, Doyoung now putting the handcuffs and blindfold on her.