Chapter 33 | "stunning"

"Alright you tasteless hoes, it is my time to shine!" The whole room groans as Johnny enters with a rack of clothes.

"It is time for Johnny's Fashion Evaluation! I've picked out some outfits for each of you, so come and try them on for the ball tonight." He says, gesturing to the racks.

They're all in the main room, Johnny having insisted on getting them all ready, something about needing to dress to impress to represent NCT. Jihyun stands and begins to walk towards the racks.

"Not you Jihyun, I don't want you changing near these filthy animals" he says, grabbing her arm as the members let out offended scoffs, Donghyuck throwing one of his shoes at the taller boy.

"You're outfits are in your room, try them on and pick your favorite, I'll come check up on you in a bit." He says, lightly pushing her towards the staircase before heading back to the main room.

She watches him leave with a small smile on her face, letting out a small huff of amusement and turning to the staircase.

"Ten, those pants go with the blue jacket."

"Mark, your ass is too big for those pants, try on the other ones"

"Lucas, have you ever tied a tie in your life? What is that?"

Jihyun laughs to herself as she listens to the commotion while walking up the stairs. She enters her room to see a small rack with five dresses on it. She grabs the first one and tries it on.

It's a light blue short sleeve dress. It's tight fitting at the top and flows out into an almost floor length gown from her waist. It's beautiful and goes with her dark hair nicely, but it's not what she's looking for. It's too Cinderella for her liking.

The next one is dark green. She rolls her eyes at her brother, he always has one green option to represent NCT. This dress is shorter, going to mid thigh and with long lacy sleeves and a poofy skirt. Despite being a member of NCT, green has never been her color.

She tries on a sparkly gold dress, it's tighter fitting, short in the front and long in the back. She turns in front of the mirror, examining herself. It's more what she's looking for, but not quite sexy enough.

The fourth dress, a red dress, is the complete opposite. It's a skin tight sleeveless dress with a plunging neckline. It barely reaches her mid thigh. She looks at herself in astonishment, her jaw drops when she sees the dress, unable to believe that Johnny would ever give her something like that. She quickly takes it off and puts it back on the rack.

Her last hope is a black dress. It's a tighter fitting at the top but the skirt flows smooth. The sleeves are off the shoulder with a slight dip in the neckline. It shows off just a bit of her cleavage and hugs her thin waist. The skirt flows loosely, not too tight but not poofy either, just barely short enough to not touch the floor. There's a huge slit up the skirt, reaching to her mid thigh.

She turns in the mirror, staring at herself. It's modest enough while still being slightly sexy. It's elegant and makes her seem mature but still young. It gives off the perfect badass but charming vibes. More than anything, she feels beautiful in it.

"If you don't wear that dress, then I will" she turns to the door, seeing Johnny smiling at her in approval.

"Yeah this is the one. Thanks Johnny" she smiles at her adopted brother, turning in circles to show off the dress.

"I'm just so talented, you're lucky to have me. I have great taste" he says, flipping imaginary hair over his shoulder.

"Yeah great taste my ass, what was that red dress all about?" She says, staring at him with narrowed eyes.

"I wanted to give you options, I don't know what your plans are for tonight" he says, wiggling his eyebrows at her. She scoffs and smacks him on the arm, causing both of them to laugh.

"I'm kidding. But you do look great. Finish getting ready, we'll leave in an hour. And do not come down until I call you." He says sternly before leaving the room and slamming the door shut.

She turns back to her vanity and starts getting ready. She does her makeup, opting for a typical night look, pairing her outfit with a pair of silver heels. She combs through her hair, choosing to leave it long and straight as normal. She puts on simple necklace with a diamond rose charm in the center, and puts on her earrings. She slips a knife into the holster on her upper thigh, hidden by the fabric of the dress, then going to sit on her bed and wait for Johnny's call.

After a few minutes, she hears Johnny shouting her name from downstairs. At his signal she stands up, taking a final look in the mirror with a satisfied smile and heading out of her room.

She descends the staircase and sees all of the boys gathered below, waiting for her to come down. When they see her, all of their jaws drop for a moment. Soon the boys break into cheers and whistles as she continues down the stairs, causing her to smile in amusement. She sees Jaehyun in the middle, staring at her, completely speechless. When she reaches the bottom of the stairs, she smiles at the boys.

"So...what do you think?" She twirls in a circle, showing off her dress. Taeyong is the first to step up, dressed in a sharp black suit with red detailing.

"You look beautiful Jihyun." He smiles at her, squeezing her hand. All the other nod in agreement. She looks at each of them, all looking extremely handsome in their suits, their hair and makeup styled to perfection.

"Damn. I'm lucky to be surrounded by such hot guys" she laughs out.

All of the other laugh along with her shaking their heads in amusement.

"Says you, miss gorgeous" Mark says with a smile.

"Um, actually I think we all know that I look the best here." Ten calls out, sporting a simple black suit with a white shirt underneath and a silver necklace. The whole room breaks into chuckles as he turns around dramatically.

"Well the dance is starting, so let's get going. We need to be fashionably late." Johnny says, heading towards the cars.

Jaehyun finally snaps out of his trance, having been staring at Jihyun the whole time. He walks up to her and stands in front of her.

"You look stunning, Jihyun." He breathes out, tucking a hair behind her ear.

"Thanks Jae, you clean up nice yourself" she replies, looking him up and down.

He's wearing an all black outfit, with a silk black dress shirt underneath a black suit jacket. Accented with silver earrings and an NCT pin near his jacket collar, his hair styled back, exposing his forehead and adding to the sexy look.

He smiles at her, stepping to her side and offering his arm.

"We're going together, aren't we?" He says with a wink. She smiles back, happily taking his arm and heading to the cars. "We can take my car together." He says, guiding her over to his car as the others pile into Taeyong or Johnny's cars.

"Yes Jihyun we love to see a sexy snatched waist" Donghyuck shouts out of the window with a whistle. Jihyun laughs and Jaehyun sends him a quick glare before opening his car door for her. He runs back over to his side and follows the other two out of the garage and towards the school.

———
I wonder what's gonna happen at the dance👀
Pls vote and comment any suggestions or anything you'd like to see with this story!