Chapter 1 | "activate mafia mode"

It was 6am when Jihyun hopped into the sleek black car with Taeyong at the wheel. Johnny had picked out an outfit consisting of simple black leather pants and a low-cut black tank top, only just barely showing her toned stomach. She had a harness wrapping around her midriff and running down her thighs, holding her gun and knives. Her black boots came up to just under her knees, more knives hidden inside them, with the only bit of color being the green bandana tied around her wrist, a symbol of NCT.

They pulled out of their garage, another 5 of their sports cars following behind the pair as they drove to the school, sitting in comfortable silence while she gazed out of the window.

"Well you certainly dressed to kill today, didn't you?" Taeyong said, breaking the silence. He was similarly dressed in all black, sporting their signature leather jacket, the NCT symbol branded into the back, with their personal symbol emblazoned on the right side of their chest. His bandana, the same color as Jihyun's, tied around his holster.

"Johnny's work, of course, something about 'badass mafia vibes'" she says with an eye roll. "He's right though, they've got to know who's in charge and we only get one chance at a first impression." He chuckled at her remark.

"Yes ma'am Ms. Boss Lady, nothing like a first day scare. Just wouldn't want these hormonal kids to get any ideas."

She scoffed at him, reaching behind her and pulling out her own NCT jacket. Her symbol was a rose, with a simple 'J' imprinted in the center and a small heart on the bottom right. Taeyong had a dragon with a 'TY' in the center of it's head.

She slipped the jacket over her shoulders, casting a playful look at Taeyong before returning to gaze out the window.

"You really should be looking at the road you know?" Jihyun said as she felt Taeyong's gaze lingering on her. He chuckled as she turned to look at him, meeting his eyes with her eyebrows raised before he turned to look at the road again.

"I could drive blindfolded and you know that" he nudged her lightly, causing her to let out a small hum.

" I would still like to make it to the first day of school without dying"

"yeah, especially with Sungchan driving behind us, I swear that kid is so clumsy sometimes." Jihyun whipped her head around, the pair startled by the voice behind them.

"Sicheng what the hell! When did you get here?" She exclaimed, her heart racing as she just noticed the older boy sitting in the back seat.

"Uh, I've been here the whole time? Maybe it's a spy thing..." he trailed off, chucking lightly to himself. Taeyong and Jihyun looked at each other with wide eyes before turning their focus back into the road.

"Some shitty mafia members we are" Taeyong mumbled before turning back to the road.

--- *if you haven't read the intro, please do!*

All 18 boys fall into line as they step out of their cars and walk into the massive building. With Jihyun at the head, Jaehyun and Taeyong on either side of her, they turn into the large auditorium where they're met with warm smiles. She stands at the front of her group as all the other gang leaders respectfully bow to the new arrivals. Jihyun bows back before gesturing to the rest of her members to go and greet their friends, the boys quickly rushing past her.

"Jihyun!" She turns her head to locate the voice that just called her, making eye-contact with a familiar face, she begins to walk towards a pair of boys.

"Hey Chan." She walks up to the older boy as he gives her a light hug. "It's been too long since I last saw you." She smiles at him before turning to the boy next to him. "Hey Felix, been doing well?"

"Always" he smiles while dipping his head towards her. "how's stuff over at HQ?"

"We're doing well, I think the boys are excited for today." they look back at the NCT boys, excitedly speaking to the leaders of Twice and Day6. "Oh, nice job on your last mission, no injuries?"

"Naw, Jisung's clumsy ass almost tripped when we were sneaking up on them, but other than that, everything's all good back at the Stray Kids base" Chan answers with a warm smile. 

"Good to hear" The three of them hold a small conversation before Chan looked over her shoulder at the group of girls that just walked into the auditorium.

"I think you're wanted by the entrance, Boss."

Jihyun turns around to see the newcomers, quickly bidding farewell to Chan and Felix then walking over to the girls who just entered.

"Jihyun! How've you been?" They dip their heads respectfully to her as she walks up to them.

"I'm doing great, Yeji. Nice to see you Ryujin." The three of them begin to talk, walking around the auditorium and greeting all the other Jang Mafia gang leaders before she feels a tap on her shoulder.

"It's almost time, the students will be filing in within the next 5 minutes" Taeyong looked up from his watch, shooting Jihyun a reassuring smile as they made their way to the stage near the front of the room.

"Alright guys." Jihyun called out to the crowd, her own members, the other gang leaders and their caporegimes all turning to look at her. "the students should be here soon, so come up here and take your seats. Taeyong, Jaehyun, and I will be giving the introduction and all we ask is if you stand up when we call your names." She pauses, her smile dropping and her gaze quickly becoming icy. "Remember, we're not here to make friends yet. These kids need to learn their places quickly if they want to survive, so game faces on... or whatever YangYang likes to call it"

"Activate Mafia Mode!" YangYang exclaims fist pumping the sky, a goofy smile on his face, causing everyone in the room to let out a laugh, a huff of laughter even escaping Jihyun's lips.

"Yeah, do that." She looks down at her watch as it vibrates on her wrist. "The first students are entering the building, come up here and take your seats."

———
Whoop first chapter! Y'all are in for a treat cuz this story is gonna be one long ass ride :)
Don't forget to vote and comment!