Chapter 77 | "what you came for"

Yeojang had gotten better, but so had Jaemin. His training with NCT and Jihyun had accelerated his skills, and it was evident throughout the fight.

Yeojang was quick, darting around Jaemin and landing quick jabs on him, but never enough to make an impact. Jaemin simply stood in the center, a confident smirk on his face as he deflected Yeojang's jabs, allowing the other boy to tire himself out.

"He's smart, saving his energy." Jaehyun leaned down to whisper in Jihyun's ear as they watched form the side.

"Mmmh I know he's angry, just waiting for the right moment."

"You trained him well. You must have a lot of confidence to offer up his spot to a trainee you don't even know."

"You're right, but I know Jaemin. He's more skilled than any of these trainees especially when he has a motive, and if one of them can beat an angry Jaemin well then they deserve the spot."

Their eyes flicker back over to the fight as Jaemin starts to go on the offensive. He backs Yeojang into a corner, darting from side to side and landing hits on the other boy with far more strength. Yeojang tries to make a run for it but Jaemin's foot strikes him in the back, causing him to collapse to the ground in pain.

Jaemin stands over the boy proudly, anger burning in his eyes as he searches for Jihyun. She hops up onto the platform, going to hover over the injured boy.

"A little lesson for you: insulting me is one thing, I'm a big girl and I can handle a little smack talk, but don't ever go after another member. Especially my boyfriend. You're nothing to me, to any of us, so I'll just say goodbye now. An unfortunate ending based off your own stupidity." She walks away, nodding to Jaemin to finish him off as they all head to class.

- - -

"We're you actually going to give up my spot?" Jaemin asks once the two of them were in the car, him in the drivers seat as they went home.

"No, of course not. Plus, he would've never beaten you."

"But what if he did?"

"Then I would've killed him myself. There's no way I'm letting anyone take your spot, ok?" She grabbed his hand, placing a light kiss on it, causing Jaemin to smile.

- - -

"Ok students, it's time for a very important announcement!" Taeyong stood at the podium in the auditorium, all of the trainees gathered with the seniors in the front.

NCT had come back to observe for about three weeks before determining that it was time for the senior trainees to graduate into the mafia. They had looked over their files and run tests on them and determined those who would be surviving.

"It's time to announce which ones of our seniors will be welcomed as into the mafia, graduating the academy as new gang members. Please do remember that we all applaud your hard work, and to those of you who don't make it, well, you know what happens now...anyway, to announce the graduates, Jihyun!" Taeyong steps back from the podium as the room breaks into applause when Jihyun steps up.

"I was to start by saying how pleased I am with all of you. Each and every one of you put in tremendous effort snd you should be very proud of your accomplishments.

That being said, we will be taking 2 new teams into the mafia. One team, MCND, will be backing up Got7 in the weapons department as a specialized team of snipers. The other, (G)I-dle, will be a second ground combat team specifically for our more international missions."

"The members of MCND are...Son Seongjun, Nam Seungmin, Song Minjae, No Huijun, and lastly, Bang Junhyuk." There's a round of applause as the five boys stand up and make their way onto the stage.