Chapter 32 | "an announcement"

The group trains together for the next few weeks, Jihyun officially appointing Mark and Haechan to assist her in training them.  She falls back into rhythm with the boys as they all become close again like they used to.

"C'mon guys, let's go to the cafeteria. I have an announcement to make." She says cheerily, linking arms with Jaemin who looks at her warmly.

All the boys stand up, getting ready to leave, Jeno eyeing Jaemin and Jihyun's linked arms with a frown.

"Stop pouting and let's go already" she says to Jeno, linking arms with him as well. Jihyun doesn't see the glare between Jaemin and Jeno as they waltz out of the ace center.

"Attention students! I have some exciting news to share with you!" The cafeteria quickly falls silent, all eyes on Jihyun.

"For our senior trainees, this upcoming weekend will mark one year of being with the Jang Training academy, and for the juniors, 6 months of training. I wanted to commend you on your hard work and dedication." The cafeteria breaks out into a small round of applause.

"As a bit of a treat, we have decided to host a celebratory ball in three days. All the mafia members will be in attendance and all students are welcome to attend. Back in your rooms, you'll find a shopping portal to choose your outfits. Furthermore as a bit of a gift, you will all have the next three days off to relax and get ready. We hope to see you there." She hops off the platform as the students begin to talk excitedly.

"That applies to you guys too, you know. I want you guys to relax for a bit, and you all better come to the ball." She smiles as they nod, heading back to the aces center together.

"Well you guys go do whatever, I'll be here for a bit training. Go and relax." She ushers them all away, walking over to the weapons area after she watches them leave.

Typing something into the computer, the targets start to move as she steps into the simulator. She draws the knives from her holster, waiting for the green light to flash.

As soon as it flashes she throws a knife, burying it into the center of the target. As it falls, she searches for the next one, repeating the motion. She quickly pulls the daggers from her jacket sleeves, from the harness running down her legs, and from her boots as she perfectly nails each target that pops up.

Smiling in satisfaction, she straightens up, panting heavily as the drill ends and the targets reappear, each with a knife in the center. She walks over to each target, carefully pulling out the knife and placing it back on her body. She turns around to leave the room when she sees Jaemin leaning on the wall of the entrance.

"Enjoy the show?" She asks with a smirk, but his eyes stay serious.

"Can we talk for a second?" Taking note of his demeanor she quickly nods her head in concern, walking to sit with him on one of the couches.

"Is everything ok?" She asks, searching his face for answers and only seeing nervousness in his eyes.

He can't look at her, anxiously rubbing his hands together and bouncing his leg. He takes a deep breath before meeting her gaze.

"Yeah...I just wanted to ask you something." She nods her head, urging him to continue.

"We've known each other for a couple of months now, and I can't tell you how glad I am that we met when we did. You're the greatest person I've ever known." He trails off shyly.