Chapter 17 | "that was rude"

Jihyun woke up the next morning with an excited smile on her face. She was still pretty new to the whole 'friends' thing, but so far she liked it, and was excited to make more.

She showered and got dressed, wearing some black and white camo pants with a short sleeve black top, showing a tiny sliver of her toned stomach. She put her guns and knives into her harness, sliding her backup weapons into the sides of her boots as usual. She tied her bandana around her wrist then proceeded to put on some light makeup.

After slinging her NCT jacket over her shoulders, she walked downstairs with a smile on her face. She turned into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and ran straight into someone's chest. She backed up slightly and looked up, staring straight into Jaehyun's eyes.

"Oh, uh, sorry, I was just uh..." she trailed off, quickly sliding around Jaehyun. He reached out and grabbed her arm, stopping her escape.

"Ji...can we please talk? Just for a minute?" He stared at her, worry written on his face.

Taking a deep breath she nodded her head, gesturing him back into the kitchen as she grabbed herself some coffee. Taking small sips from her mug, she nodded her head at him to start.

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, and I don't know why I didn't come to you sooner." He breathed out, looking at the ground while trying to stop the tears threatening to spill over.

He'd been beating himself up since that night. He was too scared to go and actually apologize to her, but this whole time, he's been dying without speaking to her.

"I didn't mean any of it, I swear. I just let my emotions get the best of me and I said things that weren't true. Please, believe me when I say I'm sorry." He stared at her with teary eyes. She nodded her head. In truth, she missed him too, and she already knew that he didn't mean it.

"I know, Jae, I know. It was hard to hear it from you, you've never lied to me before." she started, him slowly nodding in embarrassment. "but you're also one of my best friends. we're family always, ok? I forgive you." He looks up at her, quickly wiping the tears from his eyes before walking over and engulfing her in a hug.

"I'm so so sorry. I don't deserve you and I promise it won't happen again, I'll leave you be with your friends." He resting his chin on her head as he pulled her into his chest.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Jae. I wouldn't even know who you were if you weren't fighting with me. It's kinda our thing. But thank you for trying" She says with a small laugh.

The two pull away with small smiles on their face as the door suddenly swings open, revealing Taeyong. He glances between the two quickly before clearing his throat.

"So, should I be running to grab my taser right now or should I be smiling?" the pair start laughing at Taeyong's serious expression.

"We're all good here, Taeyong."

"Wheew, thank god for that, I don't think any of us could handle Jaehyun's cry-baby ass anymore. Congrats, man, you're not getting tased today." Taeyong exclaims, going to grab some food from the fridge. Jaehyun scoffs at the older boy, throwing his arm over Jihyun's shoulder and walking out of the kitchen with her.

They walk through the halls, causing the other NCT members to smile upon seeing them, as they make their way to the garage.

"So, how about we drive together today?" Jaehyun suggests, walking up to his car.

"Not today, Jae, I'm hanging back afterwards so I'll have to drive myself home." she responds, removing his arm and walking over to her own car. Jaehyun frowns, his eyes not leaving her.