Missouri Moseley

Blake walked along side her father. Her eyes wondered around, the cars and all of the tools made her curious. They reminded her of when she would go to Bobby's.
As they walked, they stopped and to her left, a table of tools, she raised a brow and lifted onto her tippy toes, however, as she reached for the table, she didn't notice that the table was on wheels.
So the cart moved and wheeled loudly to the side.

Blake dropped her hand and turned to see her father and uncle looking at her, the man laughed a little and shook his head, he then moved the cart out of the way.

"Sorry." Blake whispers, and hurriedly walked over to her father and hid behind his leg.

The man they were talking to laughed, "all good, little lady." The guy said.
Dean placed a hand on the girl's head, a thing he did when he felt the need to comfort his daughter without any words. It was kind of their thing. He's been doing since she was small.

"So, you and John Winchester." Dean began, "you used to own this garage together?"

"Yeah, we used to. A long time ago." The man answers. "Matter of fact, it must be 20 years since John disappeared. So why are the cops interested."

"We're reopening some unsolved cases, and the Winchester disappearance is one." Dean says

"Well, what do you wanna know about John?"

"Whatever you remember. You know, whatever sticks out in your mind." Dean tells him. Blake widened her eyes as on the other side of the shop, sparks fly as a worker works under a car. She watched him work instead of paying attention.

"He was a stubborn bastard, I remember that." The man started, "and whatever the game, he hated to lose, you know? It's was the whole Marine thing. But uh...sure loved Mary. And he doted on those kids."

"But that was before the fire?" Sam asked

"That's right."

"He ever talk about that night?"

"No. Not at first. I think he was in shock." The man said

"But eventually? What did he say about it?"

"I would think he wasn't thinking straight. He said...uh...he said something caused that fire and killed Mary." He explains

"He ever say what did it?" Dean asks

"Nothing did it. It was an accident. An electric shot in the ceiling or walls or something. I begged him to get some help, but...."

"But what?"

"Uh...he just got worse and worse."

"How?"

"Oh, he started reading these strange old books. He started going to see this palm-reader in town."

"Palm-reader? Do you have a name?"

"No."

The Winchester's thanked the man and they exited the shop. Blake suggested they get a small snack before they do anything else, on the account that she hasn't eating since this morning...Dean wasn't opposed to the idea.

So, Dean started up the car and they headed to the closest gas station. 

🧸

Munching on a small sandwich,  Blake stood beside Sam as Dean leaned up against the car.
Sam read from a phone book so the could look up any local palm-readers.
She listened as Sam listed off names.

"There's someone named El Divino. There's the mysterious Mr. Fortensky." Sam says letting out a laugh. Blake giggled and took a bite of what was left of her sandwich. She wiped her hands and sighed in content.