What is and What Should Never Be, Or, What Is And What Should Always Be

————————Before ————————

————————
Before
————————

"But Dad—-" Blake released an uneven breath as she watched her father pack a small bag. Sitting on the motel bed beside Milo, Sam watched as father and daughter argued.
Well, it wasn't necessarily an argument, it was more on the lines of, Dean told her his plan and she strongly disagreed.

At least she and Sam were on the same page about the upcoming case.

"Blake. Please. There's literally no room to argue about this. It's already happening." Dean's authoritative voice caused the girl to groan with displeasure and fall back on the bed.

"How long is this going to take? What if they can't get you out—-what if...."

Dean sighed. Zipping up his bag, he turned to Sam, not that he was much help as he only shrugged his shoulders. Turning back to his daughter, his eyes shift to Milo. The boy usually had no idea what was going on, but he seemed unsure about the idea as well.

"Everything's going to be fine, Blake. I promise. You're only going to have to stay at Bobby's for a week. Tops." Dean told her.

Blake sat up. With a huff she looked to her uncle. Sam gave her an unconvincing, reassuring smile. Turning back to her father, she gave him a small, pleading look.

Throwing his bag over his shoulder, he nodded his head towards Sam and he copied the action.

"Come on, B." Sam tells her, holding out his hand for her to take.

Sighing, Blake turned to Milo and together, they headed out the motel room and into the impala.

————————
Now
————————

    Blake watched as Sam paced. He suddenly stopped by the window and quickly pulled out his phone. Blake sighed.

She passed the remote to Milo and told him to pick something to watch. She would watch anything to keep her mind distracted from worry.

"There's a cop car outside." She heard her uncle say into the phone.

The week was already stressful, but now, as they have to lay lower, because of their fugitive status, things have changed and they needed to be more aware, more carful.

"He's going by himself, isn't he?" Blake asked, after Sam had hung up the phone.
He turned to his niece, the poor girl having gone through so much the last year, he wondered how she handled it.