Hunted future

Things had taken a turn, Blake had noticed

         Things had taken a turn, Blake had noticed. The energy surrounding her family was shifted it a way she couldn't quite understand. Her mother—had told her that she was to stop something. That something was going to happen and she was going to have to be the one to help.

But whatever that thing was, she didn't know. She never understood what her mission was. And until she got answers, she didn't know weather or not to tell someone.

She's kept this secret for a while. She let it eat her up inside and she had come close to just blurting it out, but she stopped herself and lied. She lied to her own father, to her uncle, the her only friend. She could barely sleep. She could hardly look her father in the eye.

The secret was killing her and she wished she could just tell him. Or, anyone for that matter.

However, Blake Winchester knew that secrets never lasted. Something always dug them up and brought them to light. She was just waiting for that moment.

Maybe, if they were to find out by their self's, they wouldn't be mad at her.  Though, Blake guessed that was probably an unlikely outcome.

Because the way her Uncle Sam was reacting to a secret her father kept, proved to her that telling the truth, was sometimes better than keeping it to yourself.

Sometimes.

Blake was sitting under the big tree. Her back leaning against the ruff bark made it slightly itchy, but she would rather be outside than waiting in the car. Her trusty companion sat quietly beside her. A bright orange jacket kept him warm. The Winchester's had discovered that Milo hated the cold. It worked out, because so did Blake.

As they sat, Sam and Dean were a few feet away. Each holding a beer in their hands.

They were taking a break. A pause in the hunting world. After the deal with the town they were previously working in, they pulled over onto a lookout spot and decided to take a breather.

Blake could hear their conversation, but she wished she hadn't. Seeing her family in distress, caused her great sadness.

"Before Dad died, he.....He told me something. Something about you."

"What?"

Dean hesitated, his eyes flicker to his daughter, her green eyes looking back at him with what he guessed was worry.

"Dean, what did he tell you?" Sam pushed,
forcing Dean to look back at his little brother.

He sighed. "He said that he....wanted me to watch out for you...take care of you."