The Nest

When Blake Winchester came to, her eyes adjusted to the light as the bag was taken off her head. Her breathing erratic as she tried to calm herself down. Her mouth was gaged with a bandana and she could hear Milo panting beside her.

On her other side, her uncle sat in the same position as she did. His arms tied behind the chair. He looked to her with wild eyes, she tried to keep calm.

Turning his head as he noticed a man standing in front of him, Sam watched as fangs extended out of his gums. He stepped closer and closer until he could feel his breath down his neck.

Blake let out a small, muffled scream as she called out for her uncle. She tugged at her restraints as Milo did the same.

"Wait! Step back, Eli." A woman's voice called out. Blake turned her head towards her, her eyes followed her as she slowly walked towards her uncle.

Eli had stepped back and retracted his fangs.

The woman took off Sam's gag.
"My name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk." She says, her eyes look over to Blake and Milo. She removed there're  bandannas as well. Blake breathed out saliently.

"Talk? Okay, yeah. But I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth." Sam said, looking between the two vampires.

"He won't hurt you. You have my word." Lenore says.

"Your word? Oh, yeah, great. Thanks a lot. Listen lady, no offense, but you're not the first vampire I've met." Sam says, his eyes shifting from his captors to his niece. Dean must be freaking out right about now. If he even noticed yet that they were gone.

"We're not like the others. We don't kill humans. And we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time."

"What is this, some kind of joke?"

"Notice that you're all still alive." She said, and gestured to Blake and Milo. Sam's squinted his eyes at her, a small laugh escaped from his lips and Blake wondered how he could be so calm.

"Okay, uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?" Sam asked

"We have other ways: cattle blood." She told him as she looked towards Eli.

"So you're responsible for all the—-?"

"It's not ideal. In fact, it's quite disgusting. But it allows us to get by." She explained.

"Okay, uh, why?"

"Survival. No deaths, no missing locals....no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in."
She said, "our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't as high up the food chain as we imagined."

"Why are we explaining ourselves to this killer?" Eli exclaimed

"Eli." Lenore chided

"We choke on cows blood so none of them suffer." He says, "Tonight, they murdered Conrad and celebrated. "

"Eli, that's enough."

"Yeah, Eli, that's enough." Sam taunted, Blake winced as she looked to her uncle.

"What's done is done. We're leaving this town. Tonight." Lenore says, turning back to look at Sam.