13. Damn Right I'm Pretty

│C H A P T E R  1 3 │

"TAEHYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU?" Jeongguk yelled out to the seemingly empty castle. The red walls replied in silence and Jeongguk's heart hammered against his ribs in panic.

Where is he? Where did he go? I don't know my way around this place- what if he left for good? What if he doesn't come back ever? Oh my god would I have to live with Jimin for the rest of my lif-

"You can stop screaming now, Jeon. I'm over here."

Taehyung's voice called out from a distance and relief washed over the younger as he scurried towards the source of the sound. He walked to the balcony and sat down next to the devil, taking a peek at the aforementioned as he did so.

Taehyung took a deep breath as soon as the younger settled next to him and Jeongguk felt the panic rise again.

"Do you want me to leave you alone for a while?"

Taehyung chuckled, lowering his eyes from the scene before them.

"Wow, so he knows about personal space."

Jeongguk's eyes lowered to his hands, and let out a small oh as he prepared to stand up. But he was pulled back when Taehyung's hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling him back to his seat.

"I was joking. You can stay."

Jeongguk exhaled out loud, his hand on his heart as he glared at the devil.

"Stop saying that shit with the straight face oh my fucking god."

Jeongguk moved closer as they sat for a while in peaceful silence. The rain descended, a few drops landing on the balcony floor causing it to splatter onto the two boys. Taehyung took another deep breath before speaking.

"I can practically hear you think, Jeongguk. You can say it out loud." Taehyung remarked, his eyes still transfixed on the star-wrapped skies. A few shooting stars dropped from the sky in an arc as soon as Jeongguk began to speak.

"What happened?" Jeongguk began, softly. "Why did you leave early?"

Taehyung tsked.

"Nothing major."

"You ran out of there all crying and shit. Cinderella can back the fuck up cause you aced that performance. So tell me what happened?"

When silence followed, Jeongguk bit his bottom lip as he muttered a small dammit. Taehyung leaned back against the bench, his arms crossed.

"Namjoon said something and I guess-" he paused, taking a fleeting glance at the younger who was gazing at him in open curiosity. "-it brought back memories I didn't want back."

Jeongguk sucked in a small breath as he struggled to form words. Comforting people was not his best suit and so he sat there, stiffening with every passing second. Jeongguk noticed the tense atmosphere and decided to do what he was the best at. Talking.

"You know what happened to me back there? Bitch I was attacked."

Taehyung's eyes snapped to the younger's as he stared in confusion.

"Okay I'm exaggerating but this boy- what was his name again- Yeonjun?" Taehyung let out a small laugh as soon as the name left Jeongguk's lips.

"He's quite the flirt, isn't he? Yeah he's from the Dicksadore Kingdom."

Jeongguk sighed before rolling his eyes at the mention of the kingdom. Taehyung couldn't help but laugh at the name himself and for a second Jeongguk's heart softened, realising he had managed to distract the devil from his troubles.