6. It's Britney Bitch

│ C H A P T E R  6

"Ha look at t- that umm, tree! Boy, don't I love nature. Greenery is umm life, yes I love me some good plants-"

When the other two refused to answer Jeongguk rubbed the back of his neck, grimacing at his failed attempt of breaking the awkward silence. Taehyung was walking beside Jimin causing Jeongguk to trail after them like a lost puppy.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to offend Britney like that."

Confused? Let me backtrack a little,

 ► "Don't worry Jimin. He'll come around soon. After all, I have rest of the skittles, so he's for sure coming back for them."

Jimin rolled his eyes yet a small smile crept to his luscious lips as he turned himself around in search of the god damn bananas he's been searching for two fucking hours I swear to god if I don't find them I'm going to lose my—

That's when Jimin heard it.

Britney Spears.

Blaring through the speakers.

Fuck.

The passersby exchanged confused glances as Taehyung clenched his jaw, before darting down the aisles towards the security room, where he knew Jeongguk was going to be. And oh yes, was he right. Jeongguk stood by the microphone, holding his phone towards it as the one hour loop 'It's Britney bitch.' echoed around the entire supermarket.

Taehyung slapped the phone off Jeongguk's hand as he grasped his wrist forcefully dragging him out of the small room.

"What were you thinking? Are you out of your mind?" Taehyung yelled at the younger as he saw a bulky man walking towards the room, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Fuck, I didn't know anyone else could hear it."

"Let's go. Quick."

They scampered past the bulky man as they ran out of the store, where they met Jimin with the grocery bags and a scowl on his face.

"Let's just get out of here." Taehyung announced as he walked away from the two, snatching his hand which clasped Jeongguk's away with much force that Jeongguk staggered backwards a little.

"This is why I don't like you, Jeongguk." With that he walked away brushing his shoulder forcefully against Jeongguk's.

"You almost blew our cover." Taehyung said as the former glanced down at his feet, guilt etching over his features as he remained silent. A moment of silence followed.

"C-can I have my skittles back?"

Taehyung tossed him the skittles without a second thought, as Jeongguk grinned gleefully. When they turned a corner Jeongguk realized that they were finally going back.

Back to hell.

Jeongguk glanced around, recognizing the streets once again and suddenly he pulled Taehyung to the side.

"Hey, I have something to take with me back to hell. Please, can I go get it? My house is a few blocks away." Jeongguk paused. "I'll leave you alone when we go back to hell if you let me go now."

Taehyung took the suggestion into consideration before giving him a small nod. Jeongguk sprinted down the streets, his denim jacket flapping around in the wind after him.

He finally arrived.

His home.

He took the back door knowing that he had left it open deliberately before he died. He rushed to his room and he pulled the drawer of his bedside table half out. Jeongguk pulled out a small pouch and a folded piece of paper before running back into the streets.