Prologue

"CAUSE OF death?" The man in yellow hoodie questioned as soon as Jeongguk entered the hallway.

Jeongguk looked around, his eyes bigger than ever, as he gazed at the colorless walls. He then averted his attention to the boy standing in front him with his eyebrow arched.

Jeongguk snorted.

"You are the grim reaper?" Jeongguk questioned before letting out another snicker. The grim reaper rolled his eyes before answering.

"Yes. What did you expect?"

Jeongguk eyes scanned him from top to bottom as he chuckled silently at the grim reaper's terrible sense of fashion. According to Jeongguk, yellow hoodies paired with pink pants is not a good combination.

"I don't know. Something a bit more dark, I guess."

Grim reaper let out a melodramatic sigh before glancing down at the folder in his hand.

"Listen here buddy, I don't have time here to answer your stupid ass questions so please tell me how the fuck did you die?"

'I didn't sign up for this shit.' The grim reaper muttered under his breath.

Jeongguk held up his hands in surrender.

"Woah, someone has anger management issues. Here, have a lollipop." The grim reaper massaged his forehead with his eyes closed for a while before opening his eyes glaring at Jeongguk who eagerly held out a red lollipop with a lopsided grin.

Disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm, Jeongguk pocketed the lollipop muttering the words you uncultured swine under his breath.

"I died in a car accident."

The grim reaper hurriedly jotted it down as Jeongguk started to rock back and forth on his heels.

"Now follow me."

Jeongguk obeyed as he walked behind the grim reaper in silence, curiosity now creeping up his bones. They soon reached the end of the hallway which led to a huge drop on one side and a marble patterned ladder on the other.

"Now choose." The man stretched out his hand towards the ladder. "Heaven." He then, outstretched his arm towards the drop. "Or hell?"

Jeongguk stared at the guy, mesmerized. He had the chance to choose?

"What do I get if I go to heaven? Who's there in heaven?" Jeongguk questioned, suspiciously.

"You get everything you ever wished for. All the riches-" he paused as he scanned Jeongguk's appearance. "-and ladies."

Jeongguk snorted. Jeongguk didn't want any ladies, he was straighter than the grim reaper's hair.

And he had afro hair.

"What's in hell?" Jeongguk questioned as he glanced down the drop. The grim reaper looked at Jeongguk, amused.

"The devil of course."

"Anyone else?"

"Nope."

"He must be lonely." Jeongguk said, timidly. The man in front of him scoffed.

"Then why don't you go there and spend the rest of your time with him?"

Jeongguk glared at the reaper with determination as he answered boldly.

"Hell. I choose hell."

His boldness died out as the grim reaper gave him a push and off went the boy plummeting down the drop letting out an ear piercing scream.

"Ba- bye, bitch." The grim reaper muttered to himself.