18. A Twist To Twenty One Questions

│C H A P T E R  1 8│

"So you're just going to sit on the floor and stare at the fire for the rest of the night?" Jimin questioned staring down at the boy who was now wrapped up in his blanket, smiling gleefully at the blazing fire in the fireplace. Jimin sat down next to the younger as he too, fixated his gaze on the searing flames.

"Dang boy, your hair looks fire near the fire." Jeongguk retorted before grabbing a fistful of the blue hair, receiving a smack on the back of the head from the owner of the hair. "Bitch ow, I was complimenting you!"

Jimin grew silent, contemplating the younger's sudden 'nice guy' persona for a few seconds. Jeongguk stared.

"That's suspicious." Jimin paused. "That's weird."

Jeongguk answered by swinging his blanket causing it to slap Jimin right across the face but the pair couldn't help but laugh together. After they sobered up, they returned to a muted silence. The soft crackling of the fire echoed over the thunder and Jeongguk felt the drowsiness of the night return. Jimin decided to break the silence.

"I don't know if you want to hear this but, what you went though-" Jimin paused glancing at the younger for validation to continue. Jeongguk tilted his head.

"You're never going to fully recover from that." he finished and glanced up at Jeongguk to see his eyes now averted to the fire once again.

"I know" Jeongguk responded. "Maybe that's why I came to hell in the first place. Besides wanting to meet the devil."

Jimin raised an eyebrow in question.

"I didn't want to see my family again." He said and smiled cynically. The former responded with an understanding. He didn't have experience with what Jeongguk went through but he was understanding enough to feel empathetic.

"It must've been hard." Jimin said, softly. Jeongguk nodded before pursing his lips in contemplation.

"Well, it wasn't the most traumatizing experience, I must add. I once had to help my grandma remove her dentures for a week straight first thing in the morning." Jeongguk shuddered outwardly. "Nothing beats that."

Jimin laughed, throwing his head backwards and Jeongguk felt content as he himself chuckled before switching his gaze back to the fireplace.

"You can go to sleep, Jimin. I'll stay up a little longer."

Jimin shook his head as he shuffled in his place as if he was marking his spot next to Jeongguk.

"Nah, I can't sleep either. The thunder gets to me sometimes."

Jeongguk gasped out loud and squealed all of a sudden causing the older to jump out of his skin at the sudden exclamation. Jeongguk slapped Jimin's arm repeatedly.

"Oh em gee, That's exactly why I couldn't sleep either!" Jeongguk gasped lightly as he leaned forward, his forefinger extended. Jimin watched, confused. Jeongguk placed his finger lightly in between Jimin's brows and muttered, excitedly,

"Best friend senses." Jimin gave him a look. "Bzz." Jeongguk added, for good measure.

Jimin slapped off his hand with a look of disgust but Jeongguk didn't miss the tinge of a smile that blossomed on his face soon after. They soon returned to silence once again, with occasional remarks from Jeongguk and Jimin's snarky replies.

"Jimin, let's play twenty questions." Jeongguk requested out of the blue (red). Jimin gave him a skeptical look. Jeongguk rolled his eyes and sighed exasperatedly.

"Have you not read on wattpad? They play that game all the time, the fuck? That's basically how shit goes down between the protagonist and the love interest." Jimin shrugged and Jeongguk proceeded to explain the game.